Checklist – Create professional staff temporary position
This page was updated July 22, 2022.
HR Partners and additional approvers can use this checklist to ensure that a position request for a Professional Staff Temporary Position – Salaried (PSTP – Salaried) or Professional Staff Temporary Position – Hourly (PSTP – Hourly) position is complete and ready for the Compensation Office’s review.
- Review Position Request Reason. Ensure reason selected is Create Position > Employee.
- Confirm that a Job Posting Title has been provided.
- Review Requested Job Profile
Job Profile Job Code PSTP – Salaried: A salaried position with an FTE used when work is regularly scheduled. Duration is typically not more than 12 months. 11650 – Project Appointment – Overtime Exempt (E S X)
11655 – Project Appointment – O/T Exempt 11-14 (E S X)
19650 – Project Appointment – Overtime Eligible (NE S X)
19652 – Project Appointment – O/T Eligible 11-14 (NE S X)
Plus unit-specific project appointment job profiles as approved by the Compensation Office.
PSTP – Hourly: An overtime eligible hourly position without an FTE used when work is not regularly scheduled. Duration is typically not more than 12 months. 11850 – Limited Term Appointment – Prof Staff (NE H)
11855 – Limited Term Appointment – Prof Staff 11-14 (NE H)
Job profile names will be updated at a future time in Workday to align with PSTP – Hourly.
- Check the Job Description Summary. This field is optional. It can be blank. If used, it should contain a few sentences to describe position’s purpose.
- Review Job Description
- Must include a detailed description of position’s specific job responsibilities with estimated percent time breakout. Total must equal 100% regardless of position’s % FTE, typically in blocks of time 5% or larger.
- Must include minimum qualifications (education and years of work experience) in the Job Description.
- Job duties in the Workday Job Description field must align with the duties documented on the attached forms (i.e., Professional Staff Position Description or Research Scientist/Engineer Questionnaire)
- Confirm Worker Sub-Type
- For PSTP – Salaried > Fixed Term (Fixed Term).
- For PSTP – Hourly > Temporary (Fixed Term).
- Include Required Attachments
Type of Position Required Forms All regular professional staff positions Professional Staff Temporary Position (PSTP) Form Research Scientist/Engineer positions Professional Staff Temporary Position (PSTP) Form AND Research Scientist/Engineer Questionnaire Non-Research Scientist/Engineer Research Position Professional Staff Temporary Position (PSTP) Form AND Research Activities Form
- Confirm Comments have been entered (Comments are required)
- Provide comments/justifications to communicate additional details about the position, such as helpful organizational text.