Counseling through WA EAP

Last updated: August 29, 2023

Seeking counseling is a very personal decision. Your request for counseling through EAP is voluntary and strictly confidential. To learn more about how we protect your privacy and the limited exceptions to confidentiality, review the Notice of Privacy Practice for the Washington State EAP.

Individual counseling

WA EAP provides short-term, solutions-focused counseling services that are easy to access. Your benefit includes up to 3 sessions per concern and covers all your household members. WA EAP can be used multiple times a year if you have a new concern to address.

Concerns for which EAP offers support include:

  • Workplace concerns
  • Grief and loss
  • Interpersonal conflicts
  • Addiction and recovery
  • Anxiety, depression, or trauma
  • Stress management
  • Mental wellness
  • Parenting or eldercare support

Get started with individual counseling

You can start the process by submitting a Client Intake Form, or if you would prefer, you can call 877-313-4455. Within 1 business day of receipt of your intake form, WA EAP will send you a link to the EAP Intake Calendar to schedule an intake appointment.

Schedule your intake appointment and receive an automated appointment confirmation and Teams link for the appointment via email. You will attend the intake appointment through Teams and meet with a Masters-level, licensed EAP Intake Counselor.

At the intake appointment, you and the EAP Intake Counselor may:

  • Spend 5 to 10 minutes discussing what brings you to the EAP and what you hope the EAP can provide
  • Discuss the concern’s current impact on your wellbeing
  • Discuss resources and referrals
  • Identify next steps to support you in your efforts to improve your wellbeing

Return to top

Relationship counseling

EAP provides short-term, solutions-focused relationship counseling. Free short-term, 3-session counseling would be beneficial for some situations, including:

  • Brief premarital counseling
  • Conflict resolution skills
  • Communications skills
  • Work-life-relationship balance issues
  • Parenting skills

For longer-term relationship counseling, EAP recommends – and can help you with – finding and engaging with a therapist/counselor in the community. Many therapists/counselors provide a sliding-scale fee structure and, in some cases, might be able to bill your insurance company if clinically indicated. Longer-term relationship counseling would be beneficial for other situations, including:

  • Infidelity
  • Trauma
  • Addiction challenges
  • Attachment concerns
  • Separation/divorce
  • High conflict in the relationship

To get started with relationship counseling:

Each person must submit a Client Intake Form. In the What brings you in? section of the form, please include the person’s name related to your intake. Each intake form must be submitted before the intake and referrals process can move forward.

Within 1 business day of receiving the required forms, an EAP Intake Counselor will contact you to process your request.

Return to top


If you have questions about EAP services, please review the Frequently Asked Questions or call EAP at 877-313-4455.

Return to top