Diana L. Clarke, Ph.D., Silverwood Associates
“Investment in developing the individual talents of leaders drives strong business results and leads to motivated employees.”
Silverwood Associates believes development of individuals and teams should be linked to the organizational goals and strategy. Each individual and team is unique. Our consultants are skilled facilitators, coaches and consultants each with over 20 years of experience. We combine assessment, coaching and development activities to assist the organization in achieving the desired outcomes. Clients often come to us with unique problems which we work collaboratively to solve. Our goal is for the business to succeed while aligning programs with core business initiatives.
Diana specializes in the area of leadership development and talent management. She is an experienced consultant with 27+ years of multi-industry experience specializing in building effective organizations by aligning the human capital systems with business objectives and strategy.
In her role as executive coach Diana has integrated assessment and development to build bench strength, accelerate the on boarding of new executives, guide valuable leaders in addressing the problems and challenges that would have otherwise derailed their careers, and coached key leaders in building their team. She is certified in a wide variety of assessment instruments and 360 processes, and coaching frameworks. She combines the assessment tools with feedback, and her own business and organizational experience to assist the executive in meeting the current challenges and growing to “step up to the next level”
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Assessment all levels for hire/job fit
- Strategy Development/Alignment
- Assessment & Coaching for Developing Leaders
- Leadership Development & custom workshops
- Executive Coaching
- Succession Planning
- Team Building
- Conflict resolution
- Mentoring Program Development/Evaluation
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Executive Coach for Manachester Consulting and Right Management, numerous companies over the last 27 years. Coached leadership teams individually and in groups primarily at the C-level. Guide and coach leaders as they develop during the succession planning process.
- Developed upward feedback process, reporting, trained HR Reps around country for BP US
- Developed customized 360, reporting, feedback and coaching process for AGA Gas.
- Succession planning for companies (Ross Environmental Services, Carus Corporation, Donley, Inc. and more and consulting on design of their succession plans (Standard Products, Sherwin Williams, Mercantile Bank, etc.)
- Present workshops on Succession Planning
- Redesign hiring processes to comply with EEOC orders for large commercial Bank
- Executive Assessments for hundreds of companies over 27 years.
- Assessment of directors, leaders in For profit and non-profit organizations
- Team building for many teams to build and maintain the culture, to prevent strikes, to address conflicts, to development the leadership team
- Strategy development linked to metrics for many groups. Trained by Metrus Group, worked on joint projects with Freddy Mac, Timken.
- Wrote Leadership Development modules for a Fortune 100 company
- Assess effectiveness, plan programs on mentoring for companies and government groups. Program developed with Cleveland SHRM won the Pinnacle Award
- On-line testing which can be customized by position for most positions. Wide variety of cost effective solutions.
- Selection of Police and Fire Chiefs, Promotional exams for State of Ohio Social Security, communities, county government
- Develop promotional exams for State of Ohio Social Security Claims Examiners to settle nine union grievances-All settled in one hearing
- Contract with Iowa Department of Corrections for testing services for Corrections employees.
- Worked with Sheriff of Medina County to test and staff new jail when we were told there would be law suits. Process was fair and valid; there were no lawsuits with over 400 applicants.
- B.A. The University of Akron, Psychology
- M.A. The University of Akron, Developmental Psychology
- Ph.D. The University of Akron, Industrial/Gerontological Psychology
- Licensed Psychologist, Ohio #4304
- President, Silverwood Enterprises, LLC dba Silverwood Associates
- VP and Senior Consultant. Brinoth Group
- VP of HR, Clark Retail, Myrtle Beach, NC.
- Supervisor, Assessment Services, Vocational Guidance Services
- Board Chair and member: Goodwill of Lorain County (chair)
- Workforce Development Board Summit & Medina(chair)
- Battered Women’s Shelter Summit & Medina County
- Member OPA, board representative
- OPA President’s award
- Ohio Women Owned Small Business
- Member APA, HRPS, SIOP
- Certified trainer in Bass & Avolio’s Full Range Leadership program
- Hogan Assessments
- SHL Assessments
- Wave by Saville
- Assess/Bigby Havis/OutMatch
- Member Katrina task force APA
- Author: Healthcare Customer Service Test, co-author: Alleman Mentoring Activities Questionnaire
- Carus Corporation
- AGA Gas
- Donley, Inc.
- First Merit Bank
- State of Iowa, DOC
- Ross Environmental Services
- Mercantile Bank
- E.A. Sisson Law, Inc
- Wilkes Consulting
- The Schrerer Group (Healthcare)