CGR Management Consultants, LLC
CGR’s mission is to help clients achieve objectives employing proven improvement methodologies, analytics and other tools enabled by modern technology.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Environmental Assessment and Strategic Planning
- Supply Chain Reengineering of Cross Boundary Processes
- Needs Assessment & Technology Implementation
- Market Analysis
- Financial Measurement
- Enabling Client Staff to Participate in Change & Gain the Benefits of Change
- Public Sector Performance Audits & Process Performance Assessments
- Planning & Facilitating Client Change including Achieving “Buy-In” for Change
- Program Planning and Promotion
- Project Management
JAMES B. AYERS, CMC (PHOTO)
- Seven books and numerous articles on the emerging supply chain management discipline. His publications have led to delivering many courses and workshops on the topic with university and private agency sponsorship.
- Through UCLA Extension, delivered courses on supply chain management and its application in process improvement. These include the U.S., Canada, the UK, Germany, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Korea, and China.
- Through Caltech’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, prepared cost models for alternative energy. Provided expert testimony on its competitiveness compared to conventional technologies.
- Service to over 80 clients that include public agencies (City and County of Los Angeles), and private sector companies. CGR has an on-call agreement Washington State Auditors Department for performance audit expertise. Similar agreements are with the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, the State of Arizona, and Southern California Edison.
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC) by the Institute of Management Consultants
- BS from the U.S. Naval Academy with distinction. Service in Atlantic Fleet submarines, nuclear power trained
- MBA and MSIE (Engineering Economic Systems) degrees from Stanford
JAMES E. KENNEDY, CITP
- CGR Principal & CGR Corporate Secretary. Mr. Kennedy was the CGR project manager for Program Management Services for the Port of Long Beach. The $26 million program lasted six years and represented about $5 million in CGR revenues over a five-year period. One goal was to create a “less paper” environment through deployment of modern technologies. This work addressed planning, procurement, and execution functions and related processes throughout the Port.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of document management systems at SCE to replace aging and no longer supported IBM mainframe text retrieval systems. The project included the conversion of more than one million documents to new systems.
- MBA UCLA, CITP (Chartered Information Technology Professional) by the British Computing Society
MARY ANN ODEGAARD, Ph.D
- Strategic consulting in multiple business areas including:
- Distribution of technological products to consumer markets. Clients include Apple, IBM, Toshiba, DEC, 3M and Honeywell
- Strategy for public institutions: Clients include cities of Atherton, CA; Grandview, WA; Winslow, WA; Sacred Heart Schools, Menlo Park Californina; Washington State Department of Revenue; Port Angeles Downtown and others
- Marketing and Management. Clients include Stanford University, Nordstrom, Sunset Magazine and Books, Apple, REI, Costco, JCPenney and many others
- Senior Lecturer Emeritus, University of Washington Foster School of Business and retired Director of External Management Programs: Retail Management, Pharmacy Management and Business Fundamentals including internships. Previous academic appointments at Santa Clara University where founded the Retail Management Institute and at the University of California, Berkeley. Administrative University Experience:
- Executive Assistant to Vice President for Business and Finance, Stanford University
- Internal Management Consultant, Stanford University. Muliple projects
- Editor, Stanford University Annual Reports
- Stanford Shopping Center Steering Committee
- University of Washington:
- President, University Book Store Board of Trustees. Board Member for 16 years of for profit Trust. Also Vice President and Treasurer.
- Chair, University Relations Committee. Includes presentation and approval of Honorary Degree candidates.
- University Faculty Senate Member
- Founded Retail Management Program and Pharmacy Management Program
- Considerable involvement in fund raising for retail and pharmacy programs
- President and Board Member, University of Washington Club.
- Directed numerous Management Development Programs for IBM, Food Marketing Institute, Retailers, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, and National Community Pharmacy Association.
- Co-Author with James B Ayers of Retail Supply Chain Management now in second edition. Author of many business related articles
- Earned BA (History), MBA and Ph.D. (Business/Marketing), Stanford University
VANDRA HUBER, Ph.D
- Professor Emeritus, Human Resources and Organizational Behavior, Foster Business School, University of Washington.
- Extensive executive development training in human capital, negotiations and business development.
- Directed successful, self-sustaining Essentials of Business (mini MBA) 15 credit certificate program.
- Background in human capital management including metrics, staffing solutions, employee engagement and inclusion, leadership branding and compensation and performance management.
- Employment climate and employee engagement survey design, administration and analysis.
- Extensive expertise teaching executives and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Employment discrimination analysis and expert witness testimony on FLSA, EEOC.
- Executive education in leadership branding, compensation, business development and change.
CHRIS CHRISTENSEN, CMC, PMP
- Certified Management Consultant and Project Management Professional. Six Sigma Black Belt
- Developed and offers intensive training programs at UCLA and Caltech on Transition from Technical Responsibilities to Effective Management and Essential Business for Technical Managers.
- At Loyola Marymount University, advised on developing an MBA with specialization in Systems Engineering curriculum and taught in the Executive MBA program.
- Advised the administrators at El Camino College in the integration with six other community colleges for programs to enhance their adult and on-site training programs to provide graduates with skills necessary to the conduct of businesses in Southern California.
CLAUDIA WHITE, Ph.D
- 27 years’ experience in Change Management, Organizational Development/Training, Coaching & Human Performance Technology. Clients in higher education, healthcare, banking, travel, and real estate.
- United States International University: PhD Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- Managed and participated in several significant projects where functional expertise was gained in Change Management, Employee and Leadership Development, Organizational Analysis and Development, Performance Management, Job Analysis, Program Evaluation, Quality Assessments / Implementation, Research Methodology, Workforce Management, Survey Development, Human Capital Management, Coaching, Curriculum Development & Training.