Catherine Bachy — UW POD Consultant
At the core of my work is the belief that all are brilliant, resilient, and capable of excellence and the understanding that there are times when groups and individuals get stuck, perhaps due to internal blind spots or to external circumstances.
I enjoy working with leaders who want to help their teams become high-performing while fostering a positive work environment and managing conflict and stress along the way.
My clients say that I am gifted in creating “gracious space” for important and sometimes difficult conversations to take place. I am skilled at noticing the deeper dynamics of what is going on and enabling others to respond in ways that produce more satisfying results.
I use multiple modalities in my work with individual coaching clients as well as with teams. I draw on appreciative inquiry, systems thinking, and organizational change theory, as well as the martial art of Aikido, emotional and somatic intelligence, Liberating Structures, graphic and visual representation, and poetry.
I am known for my ability to capture and communicate insights and visual metaphors to help clients find clarity and map out their desired future. My approach assists clients to see their work in new ways, and move beyond the roadblocks that they face into the territory of solutions and achievements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Leadership Development and Executive Coaching
- 360 Reviews for Leaders at all Levels
- Team Performance and Development
- Virtual Meeting Design and Facilitation
- Strategic Visioning, Planning, Goal Setting
- Organizational Change
- Retreat Design and Facilitation
- Graphic and Visual Facilitation
- Effective Communication
- Curriculum Design
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Experience in diverse industries and organizations including: education, government, finance, retail, health care, environment, philanthropy, and non-profit management.
- Design and facilitate strategic meetings, world café conversations, and leadership retreats that engage participants in collaborative visioning, goal setting, conflict resolution, and innovative solutions finding.
- Provide professional leadership and management coaching to leaders and teams to create more skillful leadership, enhanced communication skills, strategic planning, and stress management.
- Professional & Organizational Development (POD) instructor for the Strategic Leadership Program and classes on Mindfulness & Leadership, The Challenge of Allyship, and The Coach Approach.
- Conference Presenter on Leadership Embodiment and Conflict Management topics. Example sessions include:
- Cultivating Presence for Inspired Leadership, Art of Management and Organization Conference, Brighton, UK.
- Collaboration and Conflict Management for Expedia and BitTitan employee engagement events in Seattle, WA.
- Managing Change in Turbulent Times, online Leadership FastTrack Series for UWHR/POD.
- MA in Organizational Leadership, Seattle University
- M. Ed., International and Adult Education, University of Massachusetts
- BS, Languages and Linguistics, Georgetown University
- Certified Leadership Embodiment Coach, Embodiment International
- Certified Executive Coach, Newfield Network
- Certified Core Strengths: Results through Relationships Facilitator
- DiSC Communications and Workstyles Assessment Facilitator
- Certified Team Performance Practitioner, Grove Consultants International
- Certified Graphic Facilitator, Grove Consultants International
SELECTED CLIENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
- Seattle Children’s Hospital
- UW Medicine (various Departments)
- Department of Global Health
- College of Engineering
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
- UW Graduate School
- UW Tacoma/Academic Personnel
- UW Bothell, School of Interdisciplinary Arts
- Continuum College
- The Information School
SELECTED CLIENTS OUTSIDE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
- Providence St. Joseph Health Services, Seattle, WA
- Marquis Leadership, Bellevue, WA
- Atkinson Construction, Bellevue, WA
- Washington State Department of Transportation (Seattle and Vancouver, WA)
- Theo Chocolate, Seattle