SLP Supervisor Orientation
New or newly promoted supervisors often face a steep learning curve when trying to understand how human resources works at the UW. You must be able to understand and apply a myriad of policies related to everything from ethics in public service to working with unionized employees. Missteps or gaps in knowledge can jeopardize your credibility, put the University at risk, or result in employees being given misinformation or even being treated unfairly or inconsistently.
Objectives and curriculum
In this workshop, explore your responsibilities as an agent of the University, discover how to partner with UW Human Resources, learn about human resource fundamentals, and review the following:
- Disabilities resources
- SafeCampus resources
- HRC and employment specialist resources
- HR resources and hiring cycle
- Ethics and policies
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Union contracts/relations
Workshops and registration
All new supervisors or newly promoted supervisors should attend this workshop as soon as possible after starting in the supervisory role and should also attend SLP Level 1.
If you’ve already registered for SLP Level 1, you’re required to also register for SLP Supervisor Orientation.
- Monday, June 19, 8:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 12, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 16, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 27, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.