Employee FMLA checklist
Last updated: September 22, 2023
This page applies to all staff, academic personnel, and student employees.
The FMLA process can be complex. You always have your leave specialist as a resource for questions and guidance.
In addition, here is a checklist to remind you of your responsibilities when it comes to FMLA leave:
- Submit a leave of absence request at least 30 days in advance (if possible)
- Campus staff and academic personnel: use Workday to request FMLA
- Medical centers employees: contact your HR leave specialist
- Ask your healthcare provider to complete the medical certification form.
- Send your completed certification form to Human Resources (not your manager).
- Contact the Integrated Service Center (ISC) to discuss continuing your benefits while on leave.
- Contact Transportation Services to discuss discontinuing parking deductions from your paycheck while on an extended leave.