Employee FMLA checklist
The FMLA process can be complex. You always have your supervisor and leave specialist as a resource for questions and guidance.
In addition, here is a checklist to remind you of your responsibilities when it comes to FMLA leave:
- Submit a leave of absence request at least 30 days in advance (if possible)
- Campus employees: use Workday to request FMLA
- Medical centers employees: contact your HR leave specialist
- Ask the health-care provider to complete the medical certification form.
- Send your completed certification form to Human Resources (not your supervisor).
- Contact the Integrated Service Center (ISC) to discuss continuing your benefits while on leave.
- Contact Transportation Services to discuss discontinuing parking deductions from your paycheck while on an extended leave.