Employee FMLA checklist
The FMLA process can be complex. You always have your supervisor and leave specialist as a resource for questions and guidance.
In addition, here is a checklist to remind you of your responsibilities when it comes to FMLA leave:
- Submit a leave of absence or a modified work schedule request at least 30 days in advance (if possible), using your department’s leave request procedure.
- Ask the health-care provider to complete the medical certification form.
- Send your completed certification form to Human Resources (not your supervisor).
- Contact Benefits to discuss continuing your benefits while on leave.
- Contact Commuter Services to discuss discontinuing parking deductions from your paycheck while on an extended leave.