Wallace Wilkins, Ph.D. – Scontrino-Powell, Inc
Thank you for reviewing this information about my coaching and training services. For optimal development of individuals, teams and organizations, I offer an integrated, two-pronged strategy:
- Reduce or eliminate the negative, workplace conditions that produce stress, conflict, worry, discrimination, low morale, harassment, bullying and anger.
- Increase the constructive, workplace attributes that create and maintain productivity, resilience, equity, positive communication, collegial relationships, employee engagement and high achievement.
An initial, personalized assessment identifies strengths, as well as directions for individual and/or team improvement. By creating a unique tracking system, clients can assess their personal and professional advancement daily. Based on a relationship of trust, understanding, support and mutual respect, we collaborate to pursue audacious aspirations to achieve surprising results. I promote the values of equity, inclusion and anti-racism in each engagement.
People boost their success substantially when they master their inner dialog. With guidance and mindful practice, you can eliminate the impact of that harsh, inner critic. You can strengthen your supportive, inner mentor and apply it to yourself and your team. Even during rapid change, you can enjoy high achievements with low-stress and low-conflict. No pain, just gain!
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Coaching: Angry/Aggressive Conduct
- Coaching: Sexual Harassment
- Coaching: Anti-Racism
- Coaching: Positive Leadership Development
- Team Building
- Conflict Mediation & Prevention
- Skill-Building Workshops, Seminars, Keynotes
- Positive Communication for Positive Results
- Stress Prevention
- Anger Abatement
- Developing Resilience
- Engaging Turmoil with Minimal Distress
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- University Faculty Experience: Dr. Wilkins understands the operations of universities from the inside. His first 16 postdoctoral years were in universities where he taught graduate and undergraduate courses, conducted research on behavior change, served as program administrator, secured training grants and received national and state accreditations. Wally has over 40 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Sexual Harassment Training & Coaching: Wally’s sexual harassment skillshops prepare people to respond to unwelcome conduct directly in real time without jeopardizing their relationship with the offender. Sexual harassment coaching helps former offenders to recognize their high-risk situations and to prevent unwelcome conduct.
- Leadership Coaching: Wally provides developmental coaching to enhance the positive qualities of leaders, coaching to reduce or eliminate negative habits, and conflict coaching to resolve and prevent workplace disputes. Wally consults with you about your sensitive, personnel issue, As well as methods to engage employees and improve your workplace culture.
- Skill-Building Workshops: Wally has conducted well-received seminars regionally, nationally and internationally. His highly interactive workshops have been invited by UW’s Cascade Center for Executive Development, the Global Congress of the Project Management Institute and the World Conference of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association.
- Comprehensive Consultation: Wally was selected as the sole consultant for a large organization with a hostile work culture. His multiple, coordinated activities included one-on-one coaching for angry/disruptive professionals, mediating conflicts, skill-building workshops for leaders and staff, strategies for employee engagement and consultations with upper administration to improve the culture.
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Psychology, 1970
- B.S., University of Washington, Psychology, 1966
- Master Trainer, Mediation Training Institute
- Senior Consultant, Scontrino-Powell
- State of Washington House of Representatives
- UW Evans School, Cascade Center for Executive Development
- UW Valley Medical Center
- Washington Counties Risks Pool
- King Conservation District
- UW School of Medicine
- Association of Washington Cities
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- Washington Department of Corrections
- Project Management Institute