Jevon K. Powell – Scontrino-Powell, Inc.
I help senior leaders find new ways to engage employees and teams to achieve high performance. I believe the science of psychology makes for a smarter workplace and that evidence-based managers are more effective. My commitment to you is to:
- Share evidence-based tools, skills, and knowledge that work.
- Listen carefully to understand your challenges and what you are trying to accomplish.
- Ask questions that help you see things from new perspectives.
- Push for results that are visible to you and others.
- Be antiracist, respectful, and inclusive in all my work and to help you do the same.
I have been consulting full-time since 1997 and look forward to the opportunity to help you, your team, and your organization reach new levels of performance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Coaching Evidence-Based Managers
- Building High-Performing Organizations
- Leading Large-Scale Change
- Creating a Psychologically Healthy Workplace
- Team Effectiveness in a Virtual World
- Boosting Employee Engagement & Involvement
- Fostering Accountability
- Designing and Facilitating Really Good Meetings—Even Virtual Ones
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- I have coached hundreds of leaders and helped them achieve greater performance by using evidence-based management tools and techniques, including how to be better coaches themselves.
- I have trained numerous teams to achive high performance through better decision-making, problem-solving, trust building, and leveraging diversity.
- I have guided dozens of complex change initiatives that resulted in new ways of doing business while saving time, money, and jobs.
- I have helped many leaders improve organizational performance through employee engagement and employee involvement, two different but related matters.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, New School for Social Research, New York City
- Owner and operator of Scontrino-Powell, a group of Ph.D. level consultants founded in 1975.
- Licensed Psychologist in Washington and California
- Certified in 360-degree assessments and facilitation, Center for Creative Leadership
- Trained in numerous assessments to evaluate individuals, organization, and teams.
- I have served on several non-profit boards and am a member of Seattle Rotary Club
- Numerous clients at UW Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell—coaching, change management, team effectiveness, and meeting facilitation
- Multiple WA State agencies such as L&I, Labor & Industries, and Dept. of Enterprise Services
- Washington State University
- Multiple city and county agencies, including Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, and King County
- Tacoma Public Schools
- Port of Seattle
- King County Library System
- Numerous private sector clients including Starbucks, Microsoft, T-Mobile, and Mattel
- Professional Educator Standards Board
- Please visit www.scontrino-powell.com for a comprehensive list of our clients