Collaborative Brain Trust
CBT thrives in working with higher education professionals, as all of our coaches and consultants have worked in higher education, predominantly at the senior ranks. These professionals have “sat in the seat” and know what it is like to make the tough decisions when hands are tied, budgets are tight, and options appear to be few. Our team of over 200 consultants has a depth of degrees and credentials, with the average CBT consultant having well over 30 years of university experience.
But a large number of coaches does not simply mean that any coach can be placed in any situation. Our coaches want to ensure that they are indeed the perfect fit for each engagement. We work closely with you to customize each solution to your needs. Each coach has led large organizations in higher education and has mentored and coached many future university leaders. They understand the importance of the coaching process to create a perspective that applies knowledge in tough situations and gives confidence to see it through.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Change Management Coaching/Facilitation
- Conflict Resolution/Mediation
- Customized Training/Skill Development
- Cultural Competence
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Consultation/Training
- Emotional Intelligence
- Employee Development
- Keynote Speaking/Presentation
- Executive/Leadership Coaching
- Team Coaching and Development
- Meeting/Retreat Planning and Facilitation
- Organizational Review/Restructuring
- Leadership Academy Program
- Strategic Learning Circles
- Strategic Planning
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Executive Leadership and Professional Development at R1 Institutions: CBT provides a series of workshops and one-on-one & teams coaching to numerous R1 Institutions across the country. We coach and train in many different areas, across many different departments on these campuses. For example, on one campus we are leading annual training series on Emotional Intelligence and Cultural Competence, and on another campus we are coaching deans, associate deans, and chairs in almost every department in the College of Engineering. Our skills are varied, but we find the optimal “fit” for each coachee or team, so that real success can be achieved and realizable.
- Dean Coaching at a Large Private University: CBT is a primary coaching provider at a premier private research university in New England in growth mode. The CBT Coaching Pool provides a comprehensive approach to coaching a large number of deans who each have a different background, perspective, and goals. CBT does an in-depth analysis on both the coaches and coachees to ensure that the right “fit” is found for each engagement, whether the purpose of the coaching is for professional development, strategic planning, or newly appointed oversight. To date, CBT has provided numerous successful coaching engagements for the university.
- Creation of a Leadership Acceleration Program: After a face-to-face conversation with the Dean of Online at a Midwestern university, and a phone conversation with the Provost, the identified leadership priorities of the college fell into three categories: 1) Leadership Coaching for the Dean to build a high performing team and to also develop a sound leadership strategy. This work was designed to support the transition to campus status and ensure the college continues to grow and support student success; 2) Team Development to create a high performing team that will continue to grow the college; and 3) Leadership coaching for the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, as he/she on-boards. The Leadership Acceleration Program was developed to seize the current opportunities created by reorganization to not only survive but THRIVE. The ability to thrive is highly dependent on the creation of a strategic vision and the execution of that vision through a collaborative leadership approach.
CREDENTIALS & RECENT AWARDS
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified coaches: Associate Certified Coach, Professional Certified Coach, Master Certified Coach
- CBT coaches have served in various roles in higher education institutions, including president, chancellor, vice president, vice chancellor, provost, vice provost, dean and faculty. Each CBT coach has well over 30 years of university experience.
- DISC, StrengthsFinder, Team Coaching International (TCI): Team diagnostic, 360 View, Team Leader View, Organization View; Hogan Assessments
- Northeastern University
- Washington State University
- University of Wisconsin System
- University of Minnesota
- Ohio University
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Please see our CBT Coaches in their own profile page: Christine Quinn, and Curt Wang.Return to Meet the Consultants