SEIU 1199 – HMC/ALNW Last, Best, and Final Offer
For this update, we are sharing a communication that was sent to employees of Harborview Medical Center from the interim CEO. The communication is as follows:
Last night, after months of negotiations, the Harborview management team presented our last, best and final offer to our labor partners from SEIU 1199NW on a 2021-23 contract.
The offer is the largest package we have ever put forward. It reflects our deep appreciation for our healthcare workers and acknowledges the dedication and commitment they have shown in caring for our patients during the pandemic. It also demonstrates Harborview’s determination to retain and attract top talent, and to remain an employer of choice in this region.
Included in the two-year package, which is valued at approximately $36 million, are some of the largest wage increases we’ve ever offered, notably an unprecedented 8% increase for registered nurses over the life of the contract. The offer also addresses key labor concerns about parity, staffing and culture.
This offer is the culmination of a months-long process during which the Harborview leadership team spent many hours listening to and learning from employees. By negotiating in good faith and responding to feedback, we have arrived at what we believe is a fair and equitable outcome – an offer that is nearly identical to the contracts recently ratified by our labor partners from WSNA at UWMC-Montlake and UWMC-Northwest.
Unfortunately, we were notified late last night by SEIU 1199NW that our offer has been rejected and that they will not bring it to their members for a vote. This is incredibly disappointing given the progress we’ve made to date and the size of the package we’ve put on the table.
We’re eager to implement the wage increases you’ve earned and are hopeful our labor partners ultimately will put our offer before members for vote.
Thank you for everything you continue to do for our patients, for each other, and for Harborview.
What’s Included in 2021-23 Offer?
SEIU 1199 HMC
Jobs Receiving Recruitment & Retention and/or Market-Based Range Increases
|Job Title||Approx. Range Increase Avg.||Employee Increase|
|Anesthesiology Technician 2||5.1%||5.1%|
|Anesthesiology Technician Lead||5.1%||n/a|
|Cardiac Sonographer 1||5.1%||n/a|
|Cardiac Sonographer 2||5.1%||5.1%|
|Cardiac Sonographer Lead||5.1%||n/a|
|Diagnostic Medial Sonographer||5.1%||n/a|
|Diagnostic Medial Sonographer Lead||5.1%||5.1%|
|Diagnostic Medial Sonographer Spec||5.1%||5.1%|
|Flight Nurse Sr||5.0%||5.0%|
|Imaging Tech – Angio||5.1%||5.1%|
|Imaging Tech – Comp Tomo||5.1%||5.1%|
|Imaging Tech – Education/QA||5.1%||5.1%|
|Imaging Tech – Lead||5.1%||5.1%|
|Imaging Tech – Mammo||5.1%||n/a|
|Imaging Tech – MRI||5.1%||5.1%|
|Imaging Tech Supv||5.1%||5.1%|
|Imaging Tech Trainee||7.3%||n/a|
|Pharmacy Technician 1||5.1%||5.1%|
|Pharmacy Technician 2||5.1%||5.1%|
|Pharmacy Technician Lead||5.1%||5.1%|
|Registered Nurse 2||5.0%||5.0%|
|Registered Nurse 3||5.0%||5.0%|
|Respiratory Care Associate||5.1%||n/a|
|Respiratory Care Lead||5.1%||5.1%|
|Respiratory Care Practitioner||5.1%||5.1%|
|Respiratory Care Specialist||5.2%||5.5%|
|Vascular Sonographer Lead||5.1%||5.1%|
- Increase Night Shift Premium for RN/ALNW and PA-ARNP bargaining units from $4.00/hr to $4.50/hr
- Increase Charge Premium for RN bargaining unit from $2.25/hr to $2.50/hr
- Increase Perm Float Premium for RN bargaining unit from $3.75/hr to $4.00/hr
- Increase Standby Premium for RN/ALNW bargaining unit from $4.00/hr to $4.25/hr, and to $6.25/hr for hours over 30 per pay period
- Increase Standby Premium for P/T, Imaging Tech Supv, Resp/Anesth/END bargaining units from $3.75/hr to $4.00/hr, and to $6.00/hr for hours over 30 per pay period
- Increase Standby Premium for SW/Dietitian/PA-ARNP/SLP, Pharm Tech bargaining units from $3.75/hr to $4.00/hr
- Add ECMO Premium for select job profiles
- 2% across-the-board increase in year 1 for non-RNs
- 1% across-the-board increase in year 1 for RNs
- 2% across-the-board increase in year 2
- Fully subsidized UPASS for regular employees
- Expanded break relief to 4W
- Incentive shifts