UW – SEIU 925 Negotiations Recap for July 28
This recap details the first virtual session for the renewal of the collective bargaining agreement between the UW and SEIU 925. Recaps are published online on the UW Labor Relations website.
Contract Extension – Parties exchanged proposals to rollover the current 2019-2021 SEIU 925 CBA for the 2021 – 2023 contract cycle. The proposed rollover agreement includes no across the board increases. As part of this rollover agreement, the parties have agreed to language clean up in select articles of the CBA.
The parties have reached verbal tentative agreements on language clean-up of the following articles:
- Article 2: Non-discrimination
- Article 14: Hiring, Appointment, Promotions, and Transfers
- Article 26: Civil/Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Article 38: Seniority, Layoff, Rehire
- Article 45: Compensation, Wages and Other Pay Provisions
- Article 56: Union Membership, Dues Deduction, and Status Reports
The UW and SEIU 925 will continue discussions and bargaining regarding this rollover agreement. The next session has not yet been scheduled, but will be held virtually as needed.