UW IHME & SEIU 925 Negotiations Recap for April 6, 2020
This recap details the first virtual session for the initial collective bargaining agreement between the UW IHME and SEIU 925. Recaps are published online on the UW Labor Relations website.
Union Initial Proposals
The Union proposed to carry over the content from the current SEIU 925 CBA articles listed below:
- Article 2 – Non-Discrimination
- Article 3 – Reasonable Accommodation of Employees with Disabilities
- Article 4 – Workplace Behavior
- Article 6 – Grievance Procedure
- Article 15 – Inter-System Movement
- Article 26 – Civil/Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Article 27 – Leave Related to Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking
- Article 29 – Military Leave
- Article 30 – Work Related Injury Leave
- Article 35 – Personnel Files
- Article 36 – Corrective Action/Dismissal
- Article 37 – Employee Assistance Program
- Article 39 – Resignation and Abandonment
- Article 46 – Health Care Benefits Amounts
- Article 47 – Contracting
- Article 49 – Privacy
- Article 52 – Personal Services
- Article 54 – Subordination of Agreement and Savings Clause
- Article 55 – Contract Distribution
- Article 56 – Union Membership, Dues Deduction, Status Reports
Preamble and Purpose – The Union proposed to retain the majority of the language from the current SEIU 925 CBA. Updates were made to reflect the covered population as full-time and regular part-time professional employees within the IHME, and to reflect the governing status as RCW 41.56.
Employee Rights – The Union proposed to retain the majority of the language from the current SEIU 925 CBA regarding employee rights. Additionally, the Union proposed that paid release time would be considered time worked and employees would not be expected to make up time missed.
The next UW IHME and SEIU 925 bargaining session is scheduled for April 16 and will be held virtually.