UW – WFSE Negotiations Update – Voting Starts October 5
The Employer agrees to support voting efforts by allowing the Union access to the various spaces to conduct voting and allowing employees a reasonable amount of time to vote if they are unable to do so during their normal break times.
According to WFSE, online voting will begin Friday October 5 at midnight and conclude Sunday October 7 at midnight. On-site voting will be held at the locations listed below:
Monday, October 8
- Harborview Cafeteria 6:00-11:00 AM, 12:00-4:00 PM, 7:00-11:00 PM
- Plant Services – Sheet Metal Lunch Room, 9:30-1:30 PM, 4:00-6:00 PM
Tuesday, October 9
- UWMC – Plaza Cafe, 6:00-11:00 AM, 12:00-4:00 PM, 7:00-11:00 PM
- Laundry Break Room, 9:00-11:00 AM, 2:00-4:00 PM
- Health Sciences – D-109 Lunch Room, 9:30 AM-1:30 PM
- UW Tacoma, Mattress Factory 001, 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Wednesday, October 10
- Red Square 8:00 AM-1:00 PM (union table/canopy)
- HUB 8:00-11:30 AM, 4:00-7:30 PM (union table/canopy)
- UW Bothell 11:00 AM-1:00PM Common Grounds Coffee Shop UW2
Thursday, October 11
- Red Square 8:00 AM-2:00 PM (union table/canopy)
- Willow Hall 9:00 AM-1:00 PM Southeast corner sidewalk, near path down to Haggett Hall
- Lander Hall 9:00 AM-1:00 PM sidewalk in front of Local Point entrance at Southeast corner of Lander Hall, cross streets NE 40th St and Brooklyn Ave NE
- UW Medical Center – Plaza Cafe, 6:00-11:00 AM, 12:00-4:00 PM, 7:00-11:00 PM
Friday, October 12
- Harborview Cafeteria 6:00-11:00 AM, 12:00-3:00 PM
- UW Tower 8:00-8:30 AM, 11:00-11:30 AM
Contract Provisions to be Considered
General Wage Increases – The Employer proposed to increase wages across-the-board by 2% on July 1, 2019 and 2% on July 1, 2020.
The Employer proposed to implement an additional 2% locality adjustment on July 1, 2019 and a 2% locality adjustment on July 1, 2020, both contingent upon the state appropriating new, permanent state funding from a non-University source to cover the full cost, including marginal benefit funding, for all employees regardless of funding source.
U-PASS – The Employer proposed to provide bargaining unit employees with a U-PASS for no fee beginning July 1, 2019.
Lump Sum – The Employer proposed a lump sum payment of $100 for employees in active permanent appointments on July 1, 2019 of .75 FTE or above, and $50 for employees in active permanent appointments below .75 FTE.
Targeted Recruitment and Retention Range Adjustments – The Employer proposed to place numerous job profiles on higher pay ranges, providing increases and enabling wage scale movement for many employees, some of whom who were previously topped out. The affected groups include:
- Surgical Technologists
- Skilled Trades Employees
- Hospital Assistant Series
- Patient Care Technicians
- Mental Health Practitioners
- Truck Driver 2 and Truck Driver Lead
- Library Series
- Clinical Laboratory Technician Series
- Respiratory Care Assistants
- Social Work Assistant 1s
- Cardiac Monitor Technicians
- Telephone Communications Operators – Hospital
- Orthopedic Technicians
- Specimen Processing Technicians
- Anesthesiology Technician 1s
- Dietary Unit Clerks
- Hospital Dentistry Assistant Specialist
- Medical Transcriptionist 1s
Standby Premium – The Employer proposed to increase WFSE’s standby premium to $3.75 per hour for Healthcare/Professional Technical Classifications and from $1.00 to $2.00 per hour for other eligible job classes. The Employer proposed to increase SEIU 925’s standby premium from $1.75 to $2.00 per hour for the University-wide Nonsupervisory, and Supervisory Units, Contact Center, and Contact Center Supervisory, and from $3.00 to $3.75 per hour for the Health Care Professional/Laboratory Technical Unit.
Harborview Public Safety Premium – The Employer proposed to increase the WFSE and SEIU 925 Harborview public safety premium from $1.30 to $2.00 per hour on January 1, 2019 and from $2.00 to $3.00 per hour on July 1, 2019.