Agreement Reached with Teamsters on 2017-2019 Contract for UWPD Officers
On September 26, UW reached agreement with the Teamsters on a collective bargaining agreement for the 2017-2019 fiscal biennium. Teamsters’ membership has since voted in favor of ratifying this contract.
Highlights of the Agreement
General Wage Increases
- Market-based Increases: The parties tentatively agreed to a 10 percent across-the-board wage increase effective July 1, 2017, and a 10 percent across-the-board wage increase effective July 1, 2018, to remain competitive with the market.
- Maintaining Wages: The parties also tentatively agreed to a 5 percent across-the-board wage increase effective July 1, 2017, to maintain 2015-2017 increases that were not funded by the state because the parties did not reach agreement before that contract’s submission deadline.
Education Incentive Pay – The parties tentatively agreed that qualifying officers will receive incentive pay for completion of a higher education degree, as follows:
- Bachelor’s: $500 lump sum per year.
- Advanced Degree: $750 lump sum per year.
Longevity Pay – The parties tentatively agreed to increase the longevity premium paid to officers during later years of service, as follows:
- 15-19 Years: 5 percent pay premium.
- 20+ Years: 6 percent pay premium.
Vacation – The parties tentatively agreed to increase vacation accruals during later years of service, as follows:
- 20-24 Years: 24 days per year.
- 25+ Years: 25 days per year.
K-9 Premium – The parties tentatively agreed to establish the 7.5 percent K-9 Officer premium as an ongoing contract benefit, rather than expiring with the end of the contract term.
Pay for Football Events – The parties tentatively agreed to memorialize language in the body of the contract that provides greater clarity on how time worked during football event assignments is to be compensated.