UW – SEIU 1199 Negotiations Recap for August 4, 2017
This recap details the 17th session for the renewal of the collective bargaining agreement between the UW and SEIU 1199, which expired as of July 1, 2017. This was the first session to be facilitated by a State-appointed mediator. Recaps are published online on the UW Labor Relations website.
The parties spent time with the mediator individually and in a joint sidebar. The parties signed tentative agreements to close the following provisions:
- Article 8 – Educational and Professional Development
- Article 9 – Salaries/Pay Items (moved into new wages article)
- Article 12 – Premium Pay
- Article 15 – Leaves of Absence
- Article 21 – Corrective Action/Dismissal Process and/or Resignation
- MOU – Successor Agreement
- MOU – Pre-scheduling Overtime Shifts for Permanent Nurses
- New MOU – Registered Nurse Pay Table
- New MOU – Non-monetary Steps
- New MOU – Healthcare Specialist Wage Increases (step-for-step)
The next UW-SEIU 1199 bargaining sessions are scheduled for August 8 and August 9.