Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
UW, as both a state government institution and public university, meets the federal requirement of a “public service organization” as defined by the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. You may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balances due on your William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program loans after you have made 120 qualifying payments on those loans while employed full-time by certain public service employers. Explore the PSFL website to understand if you qualify and the terms and conditions of the program.
The Integrated Service Center certifies employment for UW employees participating in the PSLF Program. If you are eligible to participate, follow these steps:
- Download the PSLF Employment Certification Form (PDF).
- After you complete the first page, you can fax, mail or bring the form to the Integrated Service Center so an authorized representative can complete page 2 (sections 3 and 4) and return both pages to you.
- Fax: 206-543-8137
- Mail: ISC, Campus Box 359555, Seattle, WA 98195-9556
- Visit in-person at: UW Tower, Floor O-2
- Once page 2 of the form is completed, be sure to make a copy of the document for your records, then send the originals to the U.S. Department of Education at the address indicated in section 7 of the form.
Because this form includes a social security number for processing by the Department of Education, we do not recommend emailing the form.