Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
UW, as both a state government institution and public university, meets the federal requirement of a “public service organization” as defined by the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. You may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balances due on your William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program loans after you have made 120 qualifying payments on those loans while employed full-time by certain public service employers. Explore the PSFL website to understand if you qualify and the terms and conditions of the program.
The Benefits office certifies employment for UW employees participating in the PSLF Program. If you are eligible to participate, follow these steps:
- Download the PSLF Employment Certification Form (PDF).
- Complete and sign page one (sections 1 and 2), plus put your name and last four digits* of your SSN on the top of page 2.
- Forward the completed first page and uncompleted (blank) second page to UW Benefits, Campus Box 359556, Seattle, WA 98195-9556, or send as attachments via email to email@example.com.
- An authorized official from Benefits will complete page 2 (sections 3 and 4) and return both documents to you.
- Once received, be sure to make a copy of the document for your records, then send the originals to the U.S. Department of Education at the address indicated in section 7 of the form.
*When sending documents electronically, we do not recommend including your full SSN. UW can locate you within our system using your name and last-four digits of your SSN.