Required workplace posters – Federal and Washington State
Federal and state laws require employers to display posters to ensure that employees have access to information about employment rights. Posters can be viewed online or in person at any one of the UW public posting locations listed below.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
UW’s Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action office’s maintains the list of EEO is the Law posters and supplements. Posters and supplements are also available from the UW Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office, 442A Gerberding Hall, email@example.com
- Fair Labor Standards Act (PDF)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (PDF)
- Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Act (PDF)
Federally-required E-Verify posters
The information on the federally-required E-Verify posters only applies to positions working directly on federal contracts whose terms require the University to use the federal E-Verify program. If you have questions about the E-Verify program, see the E-Verify Frequently Asked Questions.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (PDF)
- Legal Right to Work Poster (English) (PDF)
- Legal Right to Work Poster (Español) (PDF)
State required posters
- Washington State Workers Rights (PDF)
- L & I Notice to Employees (PDF)
- Unemployment Compensation Eligibility (PDF)
- Pregnant Workers’ Accommodation Rights (PDF)
Other required posters
All poster files are in pdf format and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader or a similar program.
Public posting locations
- UW Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Office
Rm. 231 Gerberding
- Harborview Medical Center Employee Relations
Pat Steele Bldg.
401 Broadway Suite 2100
- UW Medical Center Employee Relations
Rm. BB150 UWMC
- UW Tower – Mezzanine Level
Immediately opposite visitor’s dining room
4333 Brooklyn Ave NE
- UW Tower – Integrated Service Center
- UW Bothell
Outside of room UW1-260
- UW Tacoma
Information for supervisors
If you choose to display posters locally in your unit, you must display the most current versions of all required posters. E-Verify posters are only required if you have employees working on a federal contract that specifically requires E-Verify use.