Today’s challenges demand creative solutions based on both core fundamentals and modern industry specific best practices. By bringing the best approaches from the for-profit, non-profit, government and individual sectors I seek unique blended responses that are effective, efficient and practical while also maintaining long-term sustainability.
A consultant always enters a situation somewhere in the middle of events. It is a rare day when an organization hires a consultant to celebrate their ultimate success. In keeping with the spirit of positive organizational development I follow these basic steps in developing an appropriate approach:
- Conduct an initial scan concerning the organization to understand public perception and current events prior to meeting the client. This may also include background material provided by the client.
- Meet with the client to hear their description of the situation. Ask questions. Clearly articulate to the client what has been heard and test initial thoughts.
- Design an approach that reflects the needs of the organization – its people, its customers and its specific challenge – that relies on best practices and core fundamentals.
- Ensure grass root knowledge and support.
- Enact plan with adequate outcomes measurement to monitor results.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Business Analysis and Organizational Review
- Organizational Restructuring
- Leadership Coaching
- Strategic Planning Facilitation
- Retreat/Meeting Facilitation
- Team Building/Development
- Process Improvement Facilitation
- Risk Management Planning
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Branding/Identity: Led a national effort to rebrand/position an organization with a 100 year history of service.
- Funding Partner Research: Developed a construct and tools to conduct research identifying potential funding partners for a major operating foundation for specific projects.
- Leadership Coaching: Provided on-going executive director and board level support for a new non-profit organization to enable a base-line understanding of critical oversight function from a tax status perspective.
- MBA – Western Washington University
- Team Development – Signature Research
- BS – Journalism/Public Relations, University of Oregon
- Western Washington University
- Casey Family Programs
- Foster Care Alumni of America
- Washington State Parks
- American Camp Association
- Seattle Community Colleges