Helen Chung, Ph.D. – Scontrino Powell, Inc.
As a coach, I seek to facilitate a process that builds and deepens leadership capacity in my clients. I work with individuals, teams, and organizations to explore, identify, and design sustainable change. This process requires a commitment to learning, questioning of assumptions, trying out of new actions, and reflecting on actions taken. My coaching and consulting sessions are marked by active listening, thoughtful collaboration, and a genuine desire to see the client win.
With my background in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, I have expertise in leadership frameworks (transformational, servant, and inclusive leadership), team dynamics, storytelling, and career transitions. I am motivated to help my clients leverage evidence-based practices to achieve their goals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Executive Coaching, enhanced with assessments
- Leadership Development
- Career Transitions & Work Identity
- Team Building & Interpersonal Skills Development
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Strategies
- Strategies for Effective Learning in Higher Education
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Leadership Coaching: I have worked with individuals to help them stretch to meet the demands of expanded or changing roles and environmental shifts.
- Career Transitions & Work Identity: I have worked with hundreds of individuals in a range of roles to help them discover and/or refine their career paths, develop their networks, navigate career transitions, reflect on their work identities, and craft new stories that enable personal transformation.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: I have worked with individuals on developing and adopting strategies toward fostering inclusive teams and workplaces.
- Higher Education: I have worked extensively in the classroom and with faculty/staff on designing pedagogy and curricula that is student-centered, with an emphasis on inclusion, cultural competency, and cultural humility.
- Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Seattle Pacific University, Seattle, WA
- M.T.S., Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, MA
- Trained in various assessments (Full Range Leadership, Team Dynamics, PsyCap, Developmental Readiness, EQ)
- Committee on Ethnic and Minority Affairs, Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychologists, 2018 – present
- League of Conservation Voters
- King County Agencies
- John L. Scott Real Estate, Northpoint Escrow
- University of WA