Greg Taylor provides anti-racism professional development services that assist individuals and organizations to engage in authentic, outcomes-based dialogue and action steps about race, diversity, equity, inclusion, and social/economic opportunity. Greg’s philosophy is to think as big as the challenges you face today, imagine monumental success for your organization, and then to assist you in pursuing it. Our training sessions inform how to courageously create, implement, and cultivate successful ideas, and sustainable strategies that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion to promote a fair, just and equitable society.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Meeting/Retreat Facilitation
- Diversity Consultation
- Leadership Coaching
- Keynote Speaking
- Team Building and Development
- Restorative Justice
- Strategic Planning Facilitation
- Presentation Skill Development
- Process Improvement Facilitation
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Extensive policy, planning and leadership experience as Renton City Council member from 2008 till 2016. Greg has served on committees in areas of public safety, finance, community services, transportation, and utilities. Regionally has, served 6-years on King County’s Committee to End Homelessness, 3-years on King County’s Domestic Violence Initiative, and the King County Region 6 Homeland Security Council / Citizen Corps Council. In addition, Greg has served on the Safety of Newborn Children Task Force.
- Passionate, focused, dynamic, and solutions-oriented civic leader, community enrichment strategist, and social justice advocate who imagines monumental success, then pursues it. With over 30 years of experience in business, community, and government environments, brings a unique and broad perspective and approach in problem solving.
- Highly developed assessment capacity; successful decision-making experience with city government and major organizations in positions of increasing responsibility and visibility; extensive regional relationships with business, government, and community organizations.
- A skilled servant-leader with extensive proven abilities in leadership development, community engagement and outreach, dynamic and effective facilitating, moderating, negotiating, curriculum development and building consensus among diverse constituents and stakeholders with competing interest. Ability to analyze, evaluate, plan, develop programs and supervise the implementation of systems-changing equity improvement initiatives.
- Dominion College – Leadership Development: Practices & Principle
- 30 years’ experience in various leadership roles
- 30 years’ experience as trainer & consultant
- Communities in Schools: Renton Advisory Council Member
- Renton City Council member, 2008 to 2016
- LEOFF Board – Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters – Chairman
- Renton Chamber of Commerce – former chairman & board member
- City of Renton, Planning Commissioner
- Washington State Minority & Justice Commission
- City of Seattle Parks & Recreation Department
- King County Adult & Juvenile Detention – Community Corrections Division
- Clackamas County Government
- City of Pasco
- City of Granite Falls
- The Evergreen State College
- Blue Origin
- United Way King County
- Northwest Justice Reform
- Valley Cities Counseling & Consulting
- Housing Development Consortium
- Wellspring Family Services
- NAVOS Mental Health Services
- Multi-Service Center