Fiscal Management Certificate
NOTE: The Fiscal Management Certificate is being retired.
If you are enrolled in and actively pursuing this certificate, you should have received an email from POD in January 2018 about options for completing your certificate.
If you have not made substantial progress with the Fiscal Management Certificate, or if your role has shifted, we encourage you to consider our new Administrative Excellence Certificate, which has a fiscal management track.
The core and elective requirements have changed over time; as always, we will honor classes that met requirements at the time you took them (as long as all completions fall within a five-year timeframe). In addition, we will allow substitutions and exceptions where reasonable in order to facilitate your completing this certificate.
Certificates must be completed within five years of the first class taken to fulfill the certificate requirements.
Complete your certificate
- Download or print a Fiscal Management Certificate Curriculum Guide (PDF) to view requirements and track your progress.
- Complete core classes along with the required number of electives. Unless a prerequisite is specified, you may take classes in any order.
The POD Annual Schedule (PDF) may help you plan when to take required classes.
If you’re not currently interested in pursuing a certificate, you can use the above curriculum guide to find appropriate courses or plan your professional development.
Receive a certificate
Upon completing certificate requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a training history review. Include:
- Your full name
- Your Employee Identification Number (EID #)
- Your UW NetID
- Your campus box number
- Your daytime phone number
- The certificate(s) you have completed
- If you are a UWMC or HMC employee
POD will present you with a letter and formal certificate. (You’ll be contacted if you have not completed all requirements.)
Understand certificate credit
Certificate requirements are subject to change. If you complete your certificate within the required five-year timeframe, POD will honor requirements that were in place when you began your certificate. Contact POD with any questions about certificate requirements.
UW Human Resources employment specialists and recruiters will credit successful completion of the Fiscal Management Certificate as equivalent to six months of work experience. This experience will be considered when determining if an applicant meets the minimum qualifications for a fiscal position at UW.
- POD does not allow certificate candidates to challenge courses or receive credit for skills already developed through life or work experience.
- POD does not award certificates for individual courses or for partial completion of certificate requirements.
- POD certificates are for current UW employees only. Professional & Continuing Education offers certificate programs for the general public.