Win Win Resolution
We have the ability to raise challenging issues and facilitate difficult conversations that lead to the resolution of crucial issues. The result is a commitment of the participants to accomplish their common goals and a structure that supports individual accountability for the actions necessary to accomplish those goals.
We bring to the design and facilitation of our sessions our experience in project management, business consulting, organizational partnering, conflict resolution, and the practice of law.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Conflict resolution/mediation
- Meeting and retreat planning and facilitation
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building / Team Issue Facilitation
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Co-planned and co-facilitated partnering sessions for the UW Conibear Shellhouse Construction Projects. The sessions brought together UW leaders, project architects and engineers, contractors and subcontractors to establish effective communications and problem-solving processes. Potential project issues were resolved ahead of time in order to complete the projects on time and on budget.
- Co-planned and co-facilitated partnering session, bringing together the Port of Seattle, WashDOT, SeattleDOT, architects and engineers to build an effective team and develop a strategic plan for the Alaska Way Viaduct Replacement, Phase I Project.
- Planned and facilitated conflict resolution session involving City of Kodiak, AK, the construction manager, the contractor and the engineer. Facilitated resolution of numerous conflicts, team rebuilding, processes improvements, and a strategic plan to complete the project.
- Co-planned and co-facilitated conflict resolution session involving the US Navy, the contractor and subcontractors in connection with the Environmental Paving Project, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Facilitated resolution of conflicts growing out of an earlier project as a prelude to re-building the team to move forward on the Environmental Paving Project.
- Planned and facilitated a conflict resolution session involving the US Navy, the contractor and the principal subcontractor in connection with the New Controls at Multiple Sites Project. After facilitating resolution of past issues, utilized the resolution as a “lessons learned” to design a strategic plan and improve processes.
- J.D. Lewis and Clark School of Law
- M.S. Environmental Engineering
- M.S. Construction Management
- B.S. Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer, WA
- Member of the Washington State Bar
- Certified in Project Alignment™, and Project ReAlignment™ by Team Tech
- 25 years’ experience developing teams to build complex public works, educational, commercial, and military construction projects
- University of Washington
- Sound Transit
- King County, WA
- WA State Department of Transportation
- Walla Walla District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Far East District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Northwest