Lyn utilizes Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) methodology help people to accomplish their goals and reach their full potential. She is a skilled facilitator of interest-based problem solving and process improvement efforts. She demonstrates empathetic listening which creates a trusting environment for relationship building and consideration of new ideas. Lyn believes in transferring critical knowledge and skills to clients to allow them to continue with improvement and teambuilding initiatives on their own.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Process improvement
- Collaboration among diverse stakeholders
- Influential leadership
- Developing trust and creativity in teams
- Facilitation of complex problem solving
- Intrinsic motivation
- Team communication styles
- Leveraging conflicts into trusting relationships
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Over 25 years of experience in the areas of process improvement, strategic planning, organizational change, leadership development, and team development. This includes workshops and retreats.
- Training and Organizational Assessment for UW Bioengineering Department (2012-2014).
- Facilitation of Business Process Redesign and Automation (BPRA) project retrospective for UW HR Administration and Information Systems (2011-2013).
- Organizational Assessments for UW School of Medicine (2011-2012).
- Design and delivery of Process Improvement Tools for UW Dept. of Housing & Food Services (2010) and for UW Professional & Organizational Development (2009).
- Development and presentation of “The Path to Lean” for UW Medical Center (2006). Facilitation of relicensing of hydroelectric projects for PSE and SCL resulting in settlement agreements signed by all stakeholders.
- Facilitation of license implementation meetings (2004 – present).
- Presentation of Facilitator Training to US Forest Service to build internal cadre of facilitators (2015).
- Facilitation of Marbled Murrelet Conservation Strategy Team for WA State DNR (2014); Ecosystem Services Panel Discussion: impact of shellfish farming on salmonid species for WA State DNR (2011).
- M.S. in Educational Policy and Management, University of Oregon
- B.A. and Certification in Secondary Education, Willamette University
- Member, ASQ, AHP, and IONS
- Former Judge of Washington State Quality Award
- Alumna, City of Leadership Tomorrow, Seattle Chamber of Commerce
- UW: Bioengineering, School of Medicine, HR Administration and Information Systems, Housing & Food Services, UW Medical Center
- WWU: University Advancement Board Retreats, Strategic Planning, Alumni Assoc
- University of Idaho: Change Management Keynote
- WA State: DNR, DFW, Parks
- Federal: USF WS, USFS
- Utilities: Seattle City Light, PSE, Tacoma Power, Chelan County PUD