Kristen R. Voetmann, Ph.D.
The central theme of my work is to help clients learn from their situation and develop a strategy for their future – all while being present and effective now. I do this by listening in order to understand who you are and the context you are in. Then we work together to identify and develop practical solutions that integrate evidence-based resources. By the end of our time together, my goal is have helped you create processes that ensure your success in current and future roles.
I began my career in higher education and have a strong understanding of university culture and processes. At Scontrino-Powell, we are committed to making the workplace work by integrating experience and the science of psychology at the individual, team, and organization levels.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Career Counseling
- Coaching and Leadership Development
- Mission, Vision, Values Development
- Change Management
- Team Building
- Retreat and Meeting Facilitation
- Planning and Time Management
- Workshops and Speaking Engagements
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Career Counseling: I have worked with individuals in a range of roles to help them discover and/or refine their career paths by asking intentional questions and assessing knowledge, skills, abilities, and interests.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: I have worked with a variety of departments and teams across industries to help them identify their team and/or organization mission, vision, and values to prepare them for a stronger future.
- Team Building: I have worked with teams to assess their needs and help them develop interpersonal relationships, trust, team processes, decision-making as well as cultivate an appreciation for the diversity of differences.
- Skilled Facilitation: I have designed and facilitated retreats and workshops for teambuilding as well as orientation programs for audiences ranging from 5 to 3,000 participants. Additionally, I have experience as a professor and presenter.
- System Improvement: I have worked with organizations to evaluate their systems and processes (e.g., onboarding, training, performance management) to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Seattle Pacific University, Seattle
- M.S. in College Counseling and Student Development, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa
- StrengthsFinder Certified Coach and Trainer
- Board of Directors, Taproot Theatre Company, 2018 – Present
- Board of Trustees, Choir of the Sound, 2014-2018
- Professional Educator Standards Board
- Comprehensive Wealth Management
- Destination Marketing
- King County Agencies
- A range of departments across higher education