I believe coaching fosters heightened self-awareness and a motivation for self-improvement and change. As a certified executive coach and consultant I bring a wide range of experience coaching managers and senior executives in the areas of performance planning and development including assessment, change management, retreat facilitation, interpersonal skill enhancement, team management, strategic planning, career development and life-work planning. I believe in helping others develop a strong self-awareness, to create the courage to take risks and to move in a constant, purposeful direction of being the best we can be.
I believe that effective coaching needs to be positioned within the organization as a perk and benefit for enhancing professional development.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Leadership Development
- Executive/Manager Coaching
- Career Planning and Development
- Best Year Yet Process and Planning
- Employee Assessment
- Interpersonal Skills Enhancement
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Coached multiple executives from a wide range of organizations on 360 assessments, the Birkman strengths and development needs assessment tool and the interpretation of the MBTI/ Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
- Provided coaching to a senior level telecommunications executive on how to effectively merge two large teams.
- Managed a corporate outplacement center providing career transition services to over 2000 employees being outplaced because of a merger/acquisition between two financial institutions.
- Coached eight senior vice presidents within a technology division of a major national financial-investment products company.
- Led a “Future Search” planning retreat for 50+ senior executives with a major national corporation. Purpose was to set strategic business initiatives and priorities for the future.
- Served on the Executive Committee and functioned as one of six directors reporting to the President of an accredited college offering degrees in various arts, design and culinary fields.
- Taught coaching in organizational systems to Masters level students in Applied Behavioral Sciences degree program.
- MA Applied Behavioral Science with emphasis on leadership LIOS/City University
- BA Communications University of Washington
- Business owner, VisionQuest Management Services
- Board of Directors, Leadership Institute of Seattle
- Certified Coach The Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara
- Senior Consultant Waldron & Company
- Vice President Cole & Weber advertising agency, Seattle and Los Angeles
- Manager, Career Center/Drake Beam Morin
- University of Washington Foster School of Business
- University of Washington Advancement
- Pioneer Human Services
- Jazz Inc. / Gloria Burgess
- LIOS/Saybrook University
- Emeritus Senior Living
- Seattle City Light