UW – SAG-AFTRA Negotiations Recap 12/12/22
This recap details the fourteenth session for the negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Washington (UW) and Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) for KUOW. Both parties were joined by Public Employment Relations Commission mediator Karyl Elinski. Recaps are published online on the UW Labor Relations website.
Article 39 – Compensation
In response to the Union the Employer provided the following counter proposal regarding compensation.
- 9% increase to minimum salaries for all job classes on March 1, 2023
- Continue to increase the minimum salaries for all job classes at the same rate as the across the board increases in 2024 and 2025
- 3% across-the-board increase to all members of the bargaining unit over their current salary on March 1, 2023
- 4% across-the-board increase on March 1, 2024
- This is an increase from the employers last proposal in year two of 3.25%
- 3% across-the-board increase on March 1, 2025
This proposal is based on a CBA duration of upon ratification through December 31, 2025.
The Union cancelled the parties next scheduled date on December 14. The parties do not have new dates scheduled, but anticipate meeting again, likely in January 2023.