The UTemp application process
Please read through all this information before submitting your application!
To apply to the UTemp Staffing pool:
Applicants with Existing Profiles: If you wish to edit your profile before applying, log in to the UW employment website. Click “Returning Applicants” and enter the email and password you created for use on the site. Click “Edit My Profile” and make your edits. When you are finished updating your profile, be sure to “Save”. Then, return to the job search page and perform a keyword search for “UTemp” to locate the listing for temporary employment opportunities.
New Applicants Only: From the UW employment website, click “New Applicants” and “Create Profile”. You will be asked to provide basic information to complete your profile, including choosing an email and password for future access to your profile. In the box provided, please copy/paste your resume text prior to applying to UTemp.
Once you have completed your profile, go to the job search page and perform a keyword search for “UTemp” to locate the listing for temporary employment opportunities.
Directly after clicking “Apply for this Job”, you may be asked to complete the following assessments: A Work Authorization assessment, which asks questions about your eligibility to work at the UW, and a UTemp Additional Information Questionnaire, which provides our team with more information about your current availability and interests.
Once you begin any assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you have limited time, choose “Click here to complete the assessment at a later time,” then return when you have more time available. You cannot go back and edit an assessment after you complete and submit it, so be sure to review your answers and text carefully. For help with assessments or the application process, please contact the UW employment helpdesk via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-543-2544.
You will receive an automated email confirmation when your application has been received. Your application status for UTemp Staffing will always be “Applied/In Review”.
You can update your resume and profile information at any time by returning to the UW Employment website. Click “Returning Applicants” and enter your email and the password you created for the site. Select the option “Edit My Profile”, and scroll down to the appropriate section to make your changes.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process; contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450, 206-543-6452 (tty), or email@example.com.
- UTemp Staffing will review your application. If you are identified as having skills and experience that are a match for either a specific position or common requests, a UTemp Staffing Specialist will call you to set up an interview.
- If you are scheduled for an interview with UTemp Staffing, we will ask you to complete the following forms. Please bring any Word, Excel, or PDF documents to your interview. If you completed your forms through the “online form” link, we will have them ready for your interview.
- Reference Checking Consent and Authorization (MS Word)
- Background Check Authorization Form (MS Word)
- Candidate Skills Questionnaire (PDF) (or complete online form)
- Professional References (PDF) (or complete online form)
- Criminal Conviction and Civil Finding History Self-Disclosure and Authorization - Campus (PDF)
- If you cannot bring in appropriate identification for us to complete the I-9 form, you will need to return to our office with it before you can be placed on an appointment (list of accepted identification documents).
- If you cannot complete the forms prior to your interview, we do have copies available for applicants. Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment to allow time to complete the forms.
- Upon hire, you may be asked to complete the Candidate Hire Portal and Misconduct Disclosure Form.