Perks and benefits
UW makes sure you have what you need from day one:
- An array of comprehensive medical and dental plan options with virtually no waiting period
- Generous retirement plans with matching contributions
- Life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Generous leave accruals and paid holidays off
- Tuition exemption
- The Whole U’s health and well-being programs
- Growth potential into a variety of staff positions (academic, health care, and more)
- Discounts from local businesses
We have you covered for anything life could throw your way. Review the UW Benefits Summaries for more details.
Beyond the basics
All eligible employees enjoy a generous retirement plan. Plus, you can grow your “nest egg” even more if you choose to enroll in our tax-deferred Voluntary Investment Program.
Save money on your medical expenses with our tax-exempt Flexible Spending Account. Use our Dependent Care Assistance Program to take a pretax salary deduction to pay for dependent care expenses.
The UW tuition exemption program gives you the chance to go back to the classroom. Use the knowledge you gain to make an even greater impact or to explore something new. Your options are as vast as the University itself.
And we know it’s not easy to solve all of life’s challenges, so with UW CareLink, our employee assistance program, you have a number of options to help you better manage it all. Get free and easy access to a variety of resources such as confidential counseling, child and elder care referrals, financial and legal services, and more.
The Whole U
Take advantage of The Whole U—a nationally recognized wellness and community building program – that connects you with the UW community. Explore the website to find articles, events, and activities that focus on staying active and healthy, engaging your hobbies and interests, volunteering, navigating life changes, and more.
What does the UW have that other employers lack? Students. In a university atmosphere with a new batch of students each fall, the perks of being involved at UW go beyond your cubicle.
- Discounts from local businesses keep our communities strong and local. Whether you’re looking for lunch or doing some last minute shopping, our partners make it easier for you to get what you need, when you need it.
- Want to commute with ease? The U-PASS gives you an unlimited number of rides on busses and light rail. Even if you live nearby, your U-PASS will make it easier to travel throughout Seattle and beyond.
- Art galleries, museums, and our beautiful libraries are always open to employees. The Burke Museum has special events all throughout the year to illustrate history in Washington and discover ancient secrets from the Pacific Northwest. At Suzzallo Library, enjoying the view of Mt. Rainier can become a daily ritual – at least when the clouds don’t get in the way.