Employee referral program
UW employees are in the best position to tell their friends and family why working at UW Medicine is so rewarding. Share the Passion. Share the Success.
Earn up to $1,000
Help us fill critical Harborview and UW Medical Center nursing, assistive personnel, and contact center positions between October 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 and earn up to $1,000 if your referral is one of the first 20 hired at each entity.
Positions included in the referral program
Harborview Medical Center and University of Washington Medical Center are seeking highly qualified new employees for:
- RNs and Advanced Practice positions
- Flight Nurses, Juneau AK (ALNW)
- Hospital Assistants and Patient Care Technicians (certified nursing assistants – CNAs)
- Medical Assistants (MAs)
- Mental Health Specialists
- Contact Center Representatives
- Pharmacy Technicians
- IT Services – select positions
Temporary and Per Diem positions do not qualify for the referral program.
How do I refer someone?
Making referrals is easy. In order for you to be eligible for a referral payment, have your friend or family member apply online for a referral-eligible position and ask them to document your name as their referral source.
After the person you referred has applied:
- Depending on the position for which they applied, email Harborview nurse recruiting (email@example.com), UWMC nurse recruiting (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the contact center (email@example.com) to let us know the name of your referral, as well as the position they applied for.
Important: In order for you to receive the referral award, the candidate you referred must enter your name in the designated location at the time of application.
Who is eligible to earn a referral?
All UW employees are eligible except for the following:
- The hiring manager or individuals involved in the selection process for a specific position
- Staff who are in the final counseling or dismissal steps of the corrective action process
- Employees who are on unpaid leave
- UW Human Resources reserves the right to evaluate program eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
How will I get my referral award?
Referral awards are split in two-payments. $500 is paid after your referred employee completes new employee orientation and another $500 is paid after your referred employee completes “probation” or six months of employment.
In order to be eligible to receive a referral award, you and your referral must be employed by the University, in good standing, and in pay status at the time payment is to be made. Referral payments are paid through the payroll process and are subject to all applicable deductions and taxes. Referral payments are reported as income for tax purposes.
While we appreciate all referrals, certain types of candidate referrals do not meet the requirements of referral program. These include:
- Newly graduated nurses with fewer than twelve months experience
- Current UW employees or UW Medicine employees
- Current temporary/hourly and per diem appointees
- Individuals who have held any of the following types of appointments at the University of Washington or entity within UW Medicine within the last 12 months:
- Regular classified or professional staff appointments
- Temporary or per diem appointments
- Agency staff on assignment to UW Medicine
UW Human Resources reserves the right to evaluate program eligibility on a case-by-case basis. UW Medicine and the University reserve the right to amend, interpret, terminate, or suspend this program at any time.