UWHR website changes and update on temporary hour limits
We are pleased to announce three new webpages that support stronger understanding of July 1, 2022 rule changes to the definition of “temporary” for staff employment:
- Changes to temporary employment program – provides a high-level overview of State Human Resources rule changes and impact on current temporary employment beginning July 1, 2022
- Employment programs at UW – summarizes each staff employment program and provides a high-level explanation of the source of their rules
- State service definitions – explains concepts associated with Washington state service toward a higher vacation accrual rate and step progression.
All three pages can be found in the newly renamed “Employment programs & contracts” menu found in the UWHR webpage main navigation bar, along with other existing information about position types and their management. More information about temporary employment rule changes will be provided as collective bargaining is completed and closer to the effective date.
We have also moved three other popular links:
- “Policies” have been renamed “Workforce policies” and have moved under “Workplace essentials” menu.
- “COVID-19 Employee Emergency Fund” can now be found under the COVID-19 resources of the “Workplace essentials” menu.
- “Forms” can now be found on the purple navigation bar at the top of all UWHR web pages.
UWHR’s Working during COVID-19 website, established at the outset of the pandemic, has been sunset as much of the content was specific to UW’s initial pandemic response. While we are definitely still working during COVID-19, we have transitioned relevant content into UWHR’s existing policy pages. The Return to Onsite Work website, established over the summer, will remain up through winter quarter while we work to transition content to a more permanent home on the UWHR website.
In late December, the University received approval from state HR to allow temporary hourly employees working in positions essential to maintain University and hospital operations an exemption from work hours limits until March 31, 2022.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about how the temp rule changes may affect your team.