New supports for UW employee caregivers
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, UW Human Resources has worked with partners on-campus and in the community to increase resources for UW’s working and student caregivers. I am pleased to announce that additional caregiver supports are now available to benefits-eligible UW employees and UW students.
Access to the services listed below is being provided by Bright Horizons. Employees and students will continue to have nationwide access to Bright Horizons backup care services for children and adults/elders and to receive enrollment priority at Bright Horizons child care centers throughout the country.
- Free membership to Sittercity, which includes unlimited free basic caregiver background checks, access to babysitters, caregivers who support learning pods and adult and elder caregivers.
- Discounted tuition for child care centers, including school aged care, at select partner centers in Bright Horizons’ child care network.
- Discounted academic support, tutoring, test prep and homework help services from Varsity Tutors, Revolution Prep and Marco Polo.
- Elder care resources, planning, and senior housing search tools through Years Ahead.
- Discounted, local nanny placement services, with the option to be matched with a nanny who is trained to support students with online instruction.
Employees and students will need to pay providers when they use these new caregiving and educational services. The UW COVID-19 Employee Emergency Fund is available to help eligible employees who are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic and may be used to pay for COVID-19 related child care and remote learning costs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about these new services.