Table of Contents
Note: Due to COVID-19, the Health Care Authority has opened a Limited Open Enrollment period from July 1 to July 31, allowing you to make certain changes to your benefits.
PEBB Benefits Limited Open Enrollment is July 1-31, 2020
This Limited Open Enrollment period is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and allows you to make mid-year changes to:
- If you previously waived medical insurance, you can enroll in a medical plan – this includes enrolling dependents and/or enrolling in a Health Savings Account (HSA)*, or
- If you are currently enrolled in medical insurance, you can add dependents to your medical plan
*You can only enroll in an HSA if you select a Consumer-directed health plan (CDHP).
Flexible Savings Accounts (FSAs)
- You can newly enroll in an FSA* for the remainder of the year, or
- If you are currently enrolled in an FSA, you can increase or decrease your FSA contributions
*If you elect or are already in a Consumer-directed health plan (CDHP), you are ineligible for an FSA.
Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
- You can newly enroll in DCAP for the remainder of the year, or
- If you are currently enrolled in DCAP, you can increase or decrease your current DCAP contributions – without having to submit proof of a change in childcare costs
Please note, this is a Limited Open Enrollment and certain benefit changes will need to wait until November’s Open Enrollment or a qualifying Life Event (such as a marriage or the birth of a child). During this Limited Open Enrollment employees cannot:
- Change or waive their current medical plan
- Change their dental plan or add dependents to their dental plan
- Remove dependents from their medical or dental plan
Do you need to participate?
No. If you are satisfied with your current health plan you do not need to do anything and your health plan election will remain the same.
How to make changes to your health insurance plan enrollment
Limited Open Enrollment changes for UW faculty and staff are made in Workday – Visit the Integrated Service Center’s Limited Open Enrollment page for comprehensive information about making changes to your health insurance, or enrolling in FSA or DCAP in Workday during this Limited Open Enrollment.
Learn more about Limited Open Enrollment
To learn more about your benefit change options available during this opportunity, visit:
- The HCA’s Limited Open Enrollment webpage – for a broad overview of what options are available during this special enrollment opportunity
- UWHR’s Comparing Health Plan Options and Providers page – to review plan costs, compare networks and coverage, and learn about Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- UWHR’s Flexible Savings Arrangements (FSAs) page – to explore how an FSA can help you pay for medical costs, as well as reduce your taxes
UWHR’s Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) page – to explore how DCAP helps you pay for childcare and elder care, as well as reduce your taxes
Disclaimer: The information on this page does not substitute for official plan documents. If there is a conflict between the information on this site and an official plan document, the official plan document will govern.
Plan availability and eligibility may change depending on your employment status and/or actions of the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA), the agency that purchases and coordinates health insurance benefits for public employees, including employees of the University of Washington, through the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) program.