Ujima E. Donalson
I believe in the unique and tremendous potential for success that lies within all individuals. It is also my belief that successful employees contribute to the overall success of the team. With proper planning, the workplace can be a source of empowerment and engagement. I enjoy working with leaders and teams to create workplace environments that are inclusive and where people feel connected, committed, and productive. In order to shift a workplace culture, leaders must remember that atmosphere is a response to leadership influence, a sustained atmosphere produces a climate, and a sustained climate creates a culture.
When consulting, I take a collaborative approach; I seek to partner with clients to develop solutions that will be the most effective for their teams.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Team Development / Effective Team Skills
- Interpersonal and Organizational Communication
- Change Management
- Experiential Training
- Curriculum Development and Instructional Design
- Retreat Design and Facilitation
- Team Assessments
- Leadership Development / Coaching
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Succession Planning
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Customized Workshops: I work with you to design a workshop that meets the needs of your group. Some popular topics are communication styles, teambuilding, managing change, and collaborative cultures.
- Retreat Facilitation: I help plan and facilitate retreats that meet your organizational needs, enhance teamwork, and engage employees.
- Emotional Intelligence: I enjoy working with people and groups to raise awareness of emotional intelligence, assess individual’s EQ-i, and develop plans for improvement.
- Diversity and Inclusion: I teach cultural competence and sit on the Race & Equity Initiative subcommittee focused on workshops and training.
- M.Ed. Adult Education and Training
- B.A. Communication Studies: Interpersonal and Organizational Communication
- Project Management Certificate
- Certified High Performance Training Facilitator
- Certified Professional Coach
- Practitioner, Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i) and 360’ Certifications
- Core Strengths Certified Facilitator
- CWTAP, University of Washington
- Orthopaedics, University of Washington
- UW Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
- UW Evans School
- UW Planning & Management
- UW School of Social Work
- Seattle Public Schools
- Bank of America
- Positive Success for Teens, HJTT of WA
- Berean Love & Bible Fellowship
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America