Applied Leadership Strategies
Sally provides leadership development, team building and organization effectiveness consulting services to help the best get even better. Sally’s work spans more than twenty five years in world-class higher education, public sector and private sector organizations where she coaches successful individuals and teams to make long-term positive changes as they achieve superior results. Sally is a skilled facilitator and organization effectiveness consultant. She designs and facilitates highly interactive leadership development and action learning projects and works with leaders and their teams to clarify direction, improve communication, and manage transitions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Leadership Development Coaching
- Strategic Planning
- Team Development and Performance
- Retreat Design and Facilitation
- Organization Effectiveness Consulting
- Leading and Managing Change
- Meeting Facilitation
- Learning Transfer
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Ten years of diverse and progressively responsible higher education experience including Research Fellow, Career and Academic Advisor, Dental School Instructor, Student Services Administrator and Graduate Leadership Development Faculty Member. Institutions: Indiana University, University of Iowa and Seattle University.
- Fifteen years of leadership development, executive coaching and organization effectiveness work, consulting with both public sector and private sector clients.
- Executive coach for the UW School of Business, the Evans School of Public Affairs, UW Advancement, UW School of Medicine, and UW Medical Center.
- Executive coach and team facilitator for the Boeing EXPO program, an intensive institute for high potential leaders.
- Leadership Development projects include: working with leaders to clarify vision, communicate direction and secure commitment; collaborating with clients to coach and develop their teams; on-boarding of senior leaders; partnering with leaders to develop and implement strategic change; coaching leaders to balance technical and leadership capabilities.
- Organization Effectiveness projects include: facilitating teams through transition; strategic planning; clarification of mission, vision and values; assessing organization culture and capabilities; increasing cross-functional collaboration.
- MA and PhD, University of Iowa, Counseling and Student Development
- Worldwide Association of Business Coaches – Certified Executive Coach
- Coaching Faculty, Linkage Global Institute for Leadership Development; CARE Global Leadership Program
- Certified to administer a wide variety of leadership, 360 feedback and organization assessments including Birkman, MBTI, DISC, FIRO-B and the Thomas- Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument.
- Co-author, From Management to Leadership. Miffy Ozeroff and Sally Hull, Ph.D. Executive Excellence December, 2003.
- UW School of Business
- UW Advancement
- State of Washington
- Virginia Mason Medical Center
- UW School of Medicine
- UW Medical Center
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Eli Lilly
- UW Evans School of Public Affairs
- Providence Health System
- National Audubon Society