My belief is that systems, including individuals, teams and organizations, contain the seeds of needed change and answers to their dilemmas. As a consultant, it is my privilege to assist, support and challenge stakeholders to increase their capacity to identify and take the next steps required to create the future they desire. My approach to consultation involves:
- A systems perspective, considering how individuals, the work and the organization operate as a whole.
- Partnerships with clients to understand their system, appreciate its possibilities, strengthen it and move it ahead.
- Collaboration to build work teams in which all personalities and gifts are respected, developed and utilized.
- Facilitation of communication and team dynamics to increase the capacity of members to partner.
- Fostering teamwork, accountability, and leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Identification and linking with resources, offering alternatives, designing and leading learning experiences, strategizing and intervening to create opportunities and remove obstacles to desired change.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Communication, including Cross Cultural Communication
- Team Development
- Leadership Coaching
- Individual and Organization Transition
- Culture Change
- Process Coaching
- Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity
- Organization Style and Life Stage Analysis
- Interpersonal Skill Coaching
- Conflict Mediation: between individuals, within groups, between groups.
- Empowerment: individuals, teams and organizations.
- Management Team Development
- Personality and Style Differences: as they effect work relationships and effectiveness
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Thirty years experience as a manager, supervisor and development professional
- Fourteen years internal state university experience, twelve years at UW
- As adjunct faculty taught Organizational Communication at the graduate level
- UW IT Leadership Program coach
- BA Sociology, MS Education
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator administrator and trainer, Step I and Step II
- Certified as a consultant to organizations in transition by William Bridges and Associates
- Certified in Oshry organizational systems workshops
- Certified mediator
- Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i) certification
- Extraordinary Leadership 360 Feedback and workshop certification
- Intercultural Development Inventory certification
- Campus Health Services
- Capital Projects
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Health Sciences Administration
- Office of Information Management
- Office of the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- UW Libraries
- UW Technology