I offer more than 25 years of experience working with individuals and organizations, along with a zeal for developing teams, optimizing leadership potential and organizational effectiveness. I believe that relationships form the foundation of success in the workplace, and I’m passionate about creating meaningful connections with my clients and colleagues. In the classroom, a coaching session, or a group facilitation, my humor, honesty, inclusiveness, and flexible approach foster a safe and engaging environment where people are challenged to explore their potential and maximize their performance
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Coaching individuals on leadership development
- Facilitating team building, change management, strategic planning, employee engagement, organizational culture and alignment, and performance management
- Coaching and training employees in interpersonal skills and effective communications
- Mediator with experience as both a manager and consultant helping resolve everything from misunderstandings to more complex conflicts
- Training on a variety of topics key to individual and organizational success, including supervisory/leadership skills
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Developed and conducted graduate-level university courses on leadership principles and practices and organizational development for Project Management and MBA/MPA graduate students at City University.
- Designed and implemented change-management programs for the critical care unit and electronic medical records department of a regional hospital.
- Designed and facilitated leadership development training series for healthcare clinic cooperatives, pediatric dental practices, aerospace firms, a life sciences/medical research practice, and manufacturing companies.
- Implemented and expanded a Self-Managed Learning Program, a low-cost, high-yield process in which employees set and achieve professional development goals that support organization objectives.
- Certifications in Emotional Intelligence, Fierce Conversations, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Success Insights Profiles (DISC and PIAV), and Managerial Assessment of Proficiency (MAP)
- M.S., Managing for Organizational Effectiveness; B.A., Liberal Arts
- Former president of Pacific Northwest Organizational Development Network. and Puget Sound Chapter of the Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- UW Capital Projects Office
- UW Department of Radiology
- UW Educational Outreach
- UW Finance & Facilities
- UW Housing & Food Services
- UW School of Medicine
- The Boeing Company
- The Department of the Navy
- Harborview Medical Center
- Infectious Disease Research Institute (IDRI)
- Microsoft Corporation