Jevon K. Powell
My company works with individuals, teams, and organizations to help them achieve positive and lasting change. In all my work I strive to:
- Listen actively and summarize so we can hear your thoughts together.
- Ask powerful questions that help you see things differently
- Build your skillset so you won’t need me forever.
- Push for results that are meaningful to you and your organization’s goals.
- Be punctual, reliable, and easy to work with.
I have been consulting full-time since 1997, and have found that even though expertise is important, listening well and finding new perspectives provides the greatest value.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Executive Coaching and Leadership Development
- Change Management
- Lean Consulting and Process Improvement
- Retreat Design and Facilitation
- Training managers and supervisors to be better coaches
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Executive Coach: I have worked with hundreds of leaders in universities & colleges, Fortune 100 companies, non-profit organizations, and public agencies.
- Coaching Skills: I have trained hundreds of managers and supervisors on how to be more effective “coaches” so that they can help their employees reach full potential.
- Team Building: I have worked with many teams to help them be more effective through better problem solving, brainstorming, decision-making, appreciation for diversity and individual differences, and trust building.
- Skilled Facilitation: I have designed and facilitated hundreds of meetings, team building events, and planning retreats. I have also trained many others to be facilitators.
- Process Improvement: I have helped many organizations learn and implement Lean and Continuous Process Improvement so that they can reduce waste and increase capacity
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, New School for Social Research, New York City
- M.A. in Psychology, New School for Social Research, New York City
- Licensed Psychologist, Washington and California
- Program Advisory Board, Argosy University, Seattle, 2007 – 2013
- Executive Board, Washington State Psychological Association, 2009 – 2014
- Board of Trustees, Chairman, The Children’s Museum, Seattle, 2001 – 2011
- University of Washington
- Argosy University
- DeVry Institute
- The Wright Institute
- Tacoma Public Schools
- King County Library System
- Multiple State of Washington agencies
- Cities of Seattle, Redmond, Redwood City
- King County
- Port of Seattle
- Professional Educator Standards Board
- Numerous private sector clients, including Starbucks, Microsoft, Eddie Bauer, Mattel, and HTC