Every organization and the individuals within it have unique strengths. As a consultant and advisor, my role is to assist leaders and teams to discover and apply their talents and skills to ensure individual and collective success.
My approach to consultation involves a partnership with clients to discover their goals and priorities; a systems perspective; facilitation of communication with individuals and teams to help them discover their resilience; meticulous analysis of the factors that add to or detract from overall goals; and thoughtful synthesis to identify changes that will ensure success.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Organizational and Climate Assessments
- Change and Transition Consulting
- Retreat Planning and Facilitation
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Team building
- Leadership/Management Coaching
- Leadership/Management Training
- Diversity, Inclusion and Cultural Competence Consulting
- Mediation/Conflict Management
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Conduct organizational assessments and analysis; developed findings, conclusions and recommendations related to leadership effectiveness, communications, accountability, work processes, and morale.
- Design and facilitate leadership retreats; selected topics include Leading during Transition, Effective Leadership, Change Management, and Strategic Planning.
- Conduct climate assessments; assist with the development and implementation of recommendations.
- Design and facilitate strategic planning retreats for university business units, boards, and committees.
- Provide mediation, conflict resolution and facilitated negotiation services.
- Provide leadership coaching for department chairs, executive directors, faculty and administrators.
- Provide change and transition consulting for academic departments related to incentive structures, leadership, and programmatic changes.
- Design and facilitate core competency development for university administrative departments.
- Provide on-going employee relations consulting services in collaboration with university human resources team.
- Provide facilitation and meeting management training for department chairs and committee members.
- Managing Partner, Praxis HR, a human resources and organizational development consultancy
- Certified Mediator
- Former Associate Dean and Assistant Professor of Management
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Economics and Plan II, University of Texas at Austin
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence, University of Texas at Austin
- National Advisory Council Appointee, U.S. Small Business Administration
- UW School of Medicine
- UW School of Business
- UW College of Arts & Sciences
- UW Capital Projects
- Other higher-education clients: Seattle University (School of Business, College of Education), University of Puget Sound (College of Arts and Sciences, Alumni Relations, Human Resources, Capital and Planned Giving), City University (School of Business)