Community Connection Consulting provides professional development, keynotes and consulting services to assist organizations and individuals to engage in authentic outcomes-based dialogue about race, equal justice, equity, social/economic opportunity and the development of “Life Mastery” skills. Our philosophy is to imagine monumental success for your organization, and then to assist you in pursuing it. Our training sessions inform how to create, adopt and cultivate successful sustainable strategies that promote diversity, equity and inclusion in your personal, professional and community environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Keynote Speaking
- Retreat and Meeting Facilitation
- Team Building and Development
- Diversity Consultation
- Leadership Coaching
- Process Improvement Facilitation
- Strategic Planning Facilitation
- Presentation Skill Development
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Extensive policy and planning leadership experience as Renton City Council member since 2008. Served on committees in areas of public safety, finance, community services, transportation, and utilities. Regionally, served on King County’s Committee to End Homelessness, Domestic Violence Initiative, Safety of Newborn Children Task Force, and Region 6 Homeland Security Council / Citizen Corps Council.
- Passionate, focused, dynamic and solutions-oriented civic leader, community enrichment strategist, and social justice advocate who imagines monumental success, then pursues it. With over 25 years of experience in business, community, and government environments, brings a unique and broad perspective and approach in problem solving.
- Highly-developed assessment capacity; successful decision-making experience with city government and major organizations in positions of increasing responsibility and visibility; extensive regional relationships with business, government and community organizations.
- A skilled servant-leader with extensive proven abilities in leadership development, community engagement and outreach, dynamic and effective facilitating, moderating, negotiating, curriculum development and building consensus among diverse constituents and stakeholders with competing interest. Ability to analyze, evaluate, plan, develop programs and supervise the implementation of systems-changing equity improvement initiatives.
- Dominion College – Leadership Development: Practices & Principle
- 25 years’ experience in various leadership roles
- 25 years’ experience as trainer & consultant
- Communities in Schools: Renton Advisory Council Member
- Renton City Council member, 2008 to present
- LEOFF Board – Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters – Chairman
- Renton Chamber of Commerce – former chairman & board member
- City of Renton, Planning Commissioner
- Washington State Minority & Justice Commission
- Clackamas County Government
- Northwest Justice Forum
- King County Adult & Juvenile Detention – Community Corrections Division
- United Way King County
- City of Seattle Parks and Recreation Department
- Housing Development Consortium
- Wellspring Family Services
- NAVOS Mental Health Services
- Multi-Service Center