I believe in tapping the motivation and strengths of individuals and groups in organizations to help them work together more productively and with greater satisfaction.
- Inquire about issues and listen deeply
- Provide feedback and coaching
- Act as a resource and provide tools
- Encourage active participation and application of skills
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Consulting and training on change management
- Facilitating problem-solving meetings
- Facilitation of strategic planning
- Managing difficult customer interactions
- Communication skills and styles
- Promoting understanding among generations at work
- Supervisory training and coaching
- Coaching for high performance
- Teambuilding retreats and meetings
- Mediation of conflict between individuals
- Resolving conflicts in teams
- Consulting and training to develop healthy teams
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Thirteen years in health care at Manager/Director level; fifteen years as consultant
- Designing and facilitating transition sessions with staff of two merging organizations.
- Facilitating strategic planning in a division crossing two university campuses, including designing systems and structures to foster and sustain integration.
- Facilitating feedback sessions and coaching members of an executive team interested in fostering greater truth telling among themselves and with their direct reports.
- Facilitating the management of a large division’s transition from providing manual transactions for clients to managing processes using technology with clients.
- Master of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, University of California and Berkeley
- K-8 elementary and community college teaching credentials
- Past Director of Organizational Development & Training at Harborview Medical Center and Highline Community Hospital
- Past Manager of Human Resources Development at Stanford University Hospital
- Past President, Rotary Club of Emerald City
- UW campus departments and UW Medicine
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Stanford University departments and Medical Center
- Council of Washington State University Presidents
- US Army Corps of Engineers