Today’s colleges and universities face many challenges—and opportunities. I work to help higher education institutions solve complex organizational problems and leverage their strengths. As a Certified Process Professional I work with clients to create and implement sound, workable strategies and develop their organizations, streamline business processes, and plan for more effective use of information technology. Understanding and utilizing the key factors and behaviors that gain buy-in for problem solving, process improvement or implementation. It is possible that even the most detailed plans are never implemented because buy-in from key stakeholders was not achieved. Buy-in makes success possible.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Organizational assessments
- Developing recommendations for efficiencies in the areas of work flows, staffing levels, customer service delivery, succession planning, staff development and training, and leadership development
- Conducting organizational and departmental restructuring.
- Benchmarking research
- Review of staffing, compensation, and evaluation processes.
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- Montgomery College – organizational assessment of the Office of Business Services related to five of the Office’s major functional areas: Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Investment Management, and Procurement.
- University of New Hampshire – conduct an IT organizational assessment and current environment analysis, which included the review of staffing, compensation, and evaluation processes.
- B.A. in International Studies
- M.S. in Management of Information Technology
- Certified Process Professional
- University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- University of New Hampshire
- Paul Smith’s College
- Northwest Florida State College
- The University of Maine
- Saint Joseph’s College
- Washington and Lee University
- Montgomery College
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Hyde Schools