Management can be more. I want to suggest that if you are a manager, your real work isn’t making sure that the job gets done. Your real work is something more. It’s helping those you manage to be engaged while the job gets done. (Read my accompanying article for more.) When you and your people are ready to go there, I can definitely help. Whether in my role as a leadership coach, coaching trainer or presenter on career engagement, I will work with you and your people so you can add more value by stretching and moving forward personally and professionally.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Coaching leaders at all levels for results that matter
- Coaching abrasive managers for development and increased effectiveness
- Leading Coaching for Leadership Success workshops
- Facilitating Coaching Circles for Leaders
- Offering workshops on fresh and valuable career development topics such as The Engaged Employee and The Seasons of Change: What’s Next for Your Career?
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
Project examples include:
- Successfully coaching individuals who have wanted to change in challenging ways, most notably leaders at different levels who could be called “abrasive” due to inflicting psychological harm on their people.
- Developed leaders in the UW’s Financial Management group by teaching Coaching for Leadership Success.
- Offered Coaching for Leadership Success workshops through Bellevue College’s Continuing Education Division for several years.
- Created and facilitated Coaching Circles for Pastors as a way to help small groups of religious leaders to regularly come together to learn to coach while supporting each other with their unique challenges.
- B.A., Psychology
- Author, Creating Results That Matter: A Coaching Manual for Anyone (2014)
- Co-founder of the area chapter of the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Professional Certified Coach (ICF), 1997-2011
- Member, Consortium on Abrasive Conduct in Higher Education (CACHE)
- Change Management Specialist (CMS), Management and Strategy Institute, 2013
- Puget Sound Career Development Association, Former Trustee
- Radio and podcast producer of dozens of interviews with best-selling authors like Po Bronson as well as recognized leadership, HR and OD experts such as John Kotter and Meg Wheatley.
- University of Washington, Financial Management
- University of Washington, Training & Development
- City of Seattle, Department of Personnel
- Bellevue College, Continuing Education
- Aerojet Corporation
- AARP, Western Region