Through presentations, workshops, one to one and small group coaching I support people in organizations that wish to create a stable environment characterized by high performance and innovation.
Individual and group development are the keys to collaborative high performing teams and executives that are agile and able to respond to the complex and fast changing work-world. Leaders who are able to both manage and provide the vision and structures necessary to create collaborative high performing teams do so through being able to expand their perspectives and create environments in which there is communication and collaboration and continuous learning.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Leadership development based on the understanding of workplace culture.
- Uncovering barriers to change and growth. Identifying competing commitments that get in the way of reaching our goals.
- Creating cross sector/department alignment
- Developing teams to maximize cooperation, collaboration and innovation.
- Create cultures in which people work collaboratively, engage in meaningful work and perform at maximal levels.
- Leveraging team performance by assessing the cultural level of team members and using appropriate strategies to help them rise to higher levels.
- Support the development of organizational citizenship to levels that support employee engagement, satisfaction and organizational reputation.
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
- BIZEDCOM – A nine-month project bringing together representatives from business, community and education to create an invented future that aligns partners and creates opportunities for innovative and collaborative strategies for educating youth.
- Worked with senior administrators in Seattle School District both individually and in small groups helping to align goals create cooperation between departments and increase leadership skills.
- Puget Sound Educational Service District – Using the Tribal Leadership model, developed triadic leadership teams based on shared core values, continuous learning and performance based goals.
- Co-founded Seeds For Success – a non-profit organization serving the disabled. Provided leadership as board president and through coaching the executive director.
- Provided a voice for diverse citizen groups through the use of Community Development strategies. Organized community gatherings for the purpose of developing citizen based projects aimed at engaging marginalized groups..
- Ed.D in Educational Leadership
- Doctoral work in Psychology
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Certified Myers Briggs Practitioner
- Training in the Facilitative Leader approach.
- Leadership Agility 360 assessments and coaching
- Seattle School District
- Puget Sound Educational Service District
- Seeds for Success Non Profit
- VHA Health Care
- Senior Administrators In Public Education
- Individual Leaders from a variety of sectors