I work as a trusted advisor with leaders, leadership teams, individuals and organizations to develop alignment of purpose, emotional intelligence and constructive conflict competence. The demonstrable effect has been more productive and positive workplaces. I believe in listening deeply to understand people and root issues so customized and cost-effective solutions can be created to fit a client’s unique needs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/RESULTS
- Developing and Coaching Leaders for Excellence
- Building Great Teams That Deliver
- Supporting Transition Management for Accelerated Change
- Designing and Facilitating Great Meetings
- Developing Constructive Conflict Behaviors
- Bringing People Together for Collaborative Solutions
EXPERIENCE / SELECTED PROJECTS
I have 30+ years’ experience in public & private sectors as well as in union/non-union settings as well as experience in government, healthcare, non-profit, financial services, telecommunications, and high-tech.
- Washington State Liquor Control Board – A politically complex one-year culture change initiative which included assessments, leadership coaching, team building, division-wide training and facilitation. “I have had the opportunity to work with Mason Consulting which has resulted in amazing changes in the work environment of our IT Division…” Randy Simmons, Director Administration.
- Provided coaching and assessment debriefing to physicians as part of a formal Physician Leadership Development program at a 73,000 person healthcare organization.
- Extensive coaching and team development using Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence, Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Lominger Leadership Suite, Conflict Dynamic Profile, Schneider’s Organization Alignment and others.
- Designed and facilitated international cyber security symposiums for BCIT and DHS.
- Delivered William Bridges’ “Managing Transitions” workshops for 110+ line-staff & managers resulting in accelerated transition between two distinct healthcare organizations.
- MA, Whole Systems Design- Antioch University
- BS, Applied Behavioral Science- Bastyr University
- Certified Coach- New Ventures West
- SPHR, Conflict Dynamic Profile, HayGroup Emotional Intelligence/ Management Styles/ Climate, William Bridges’ Transitions, Lominger Leadership Architect Suite, Linkage Organization Design, AIM (Accelerated Implementation Management), DDI Certification, MBTI, Change Acceleration Process (CAP)
- Providence Health and Services
- Washington Mutual
- Washington State Liquor Control Board
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Project
- Washington Education Association
- King County (Elections, Wastewater, Metro Transit, Road Services, Jails)
- Perkins Coie LLC
- Horizon House
- International Society of Automation