UTemp Staffing Program
Join the UTemp Staffing Candidate Pool!
The UTemp Staffing program, which provides temporary employment services throughout the University of Washington, regularly has opportunities for individuals who take pride in their work, are flexible, and have an attitude of service and commitment. We will contact you when a position comes available for which your skills and/or experience would be a great match.
Whether your interests lie in health care, technology, facilities, research, or administration, opportunities abound at the UW. There are many options to explore, and as a temporary employee, you will learn about the UW’s various departments, medical centers, people and culture.
Working as a temporary employee can be an excellent means to gain experience and exposure to various job opportunities within the UW. Whether you are available for several months or several days, you can make a difference.
Common job categories
Below is a list of common areas for which we seek applicants. However, the need for candidates with specific skill sets varies depending on the types of positions that are open for recruitment at any given time, and the nature of the work being performed. UTemp Staffing seeks to maintain a diverse candidate pool of individuals who possess a variety of skills and experience.
- Entry-level office support (basic computer proficiency required; filing, reception, and multi-line phones)
- Administrative support (intermediate to advanced computer proficiency preferred, office and project management)
- Accounting and Fiscal (UW financial systems experience, bookkeeping, A/P and A/R)
- Healthcare (various office support and patient services, medical records)
- Research (program support, grant coordination, lab support)
- Information Systems (software support, helpdesk, development)
- Trades and Light Industrial (general labor, driving, warehouse, custodian)
- General Services (various customer service, cashiering, ushering, food service)
Length of temporary assignments
Length of assignments range from as short as a few hours, a day, to several months. Most opportunities are day shift, although sometimes there are positions that need staff for weekend or evening shifts.
Locations we serve
UTemp Staffing assignments may be located at one of our three campuses (Seattle, Bothell, or Tacoma), as well as downtown Seattle, Harborview Medical Center, Health Sciences Center, Eastlake, Northgate, Sand Point, UW Medical Center, or UWMC Roosevelt.
Direct hire positions are exactly what the name suggests: directly hired by a department, not through UTemp. Unlike UTemp, these positions may be individually posted. Once you finish editing and uploading a resume to your UW Employment profile, search for temporary jobs by specifying which type of positions you’re interested in. Then, apply for jobs that match what you’re looking for.
Like UTemp positions, direct-hire temporary jobs comply with hour limits and requirements of our temporary employment program. Even as a temporary employee at UW, you can enjoy some of the same perks as other employees.