Employee referral program
Help us fill critical Harborview and UW Medical Center positions and earn up to $1,200 when your referral is hired. UW employees are in the best position to tell their friends and family why working at UW Medicine is so rewarding. Share the Passion. Share the Success.
All UW employees are eligible except for the following:
- The hiring manager or individuals involved in the selection process for a specific position
- Staff who are in the final counseling or dismissal steps of the corrective action process
- Employees who are on unpaid leave
UW Human Resources reserves the right to evaluate program eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
Positions included in the referral program
Harborview Medical Center and University of Washington Medical Center are seeking highly qualified new employees for a variety of hard-to-fill positions. Specific positions that are eligible for the Employee Referral Program are noted in the online job announcement. Typically, these positions include:
- Anesthesiology Technicians
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Cardiac Technologist
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- EEG Tech / Sleep Tech / Polysomnographic Tech
- Electrocardiograph Tech
- Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist (END Tech)
- Health Care Specialist (ARNP or PA)-
- Hospital Assistant
- IT Services, UW Medicine (please refer to job postings for eligible positions)
- Medical Assistant
- Occupational Therapist
- Orthotics-Prosthetics Practitioner
- Orthotist-Prosthetist Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Plumber/Pipe/Steam Fitter
- Physical Therapist
- Radiation Therapy – Dosimetrist, Specialist, Technologist, Technologist Lead, Technologist Supervisor
- Radiology/Imaging Technologist
- Registered Nurse 2, Registered Nurse 3 (excluding Airlift Northwest positions)
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Pathologist/Audiologist Specialist
- Surgical TechnologistVascular Technologist
- Certain professional staff positions (identified on individual job postings)
How do I refer someone?
Making referrals is easy! In order for you to be eligible for a referral payment, have your friend or family member apply online for a referral-eligible position at Harborview jobs or UW Medical Center jobs. Each eligible position has a special “assessment” that asks the candidate to identify who, if anybody, referred them.
In order for you to receive the referral award, the candidate you referred must enter your name in the designated location at the time of application.
How will I get my referral award?
Referral awards are split in two-payments. $600 is paid after your referred employee completes new employee orientation and another $600 is paid after your referred employee completes “probation” or six months of employment.
In order to be eligible to receive a referral award, you and your referral must be employed by the University, in good standing, and in pay status at the time payment is to be made. Referral payments are paid through the payroll process and are subject to all applicable deductions and taxes. Referral payments are reported as income for tax purposes.
While we appreciate all referrals, certain types of candidate referrals do not meet the requirements of referral program. These include:
- New graduates with fewer than twelve months experience
- Current UW employees or UW Medicine employees
- Current hourly and per diem appointees
- Individuals who have held any of the following types of appointments at the University of Washington or entity within UW Medicine within the last 12 months:
- Regular classified or professional staff appointments
- Temporary or per diem appointments
- Agency staff on assignment to UW Medicine
UW Human Resources reserves the right to evaluate program eligibility on a case-by-case basis. UW Medicine and the University reserve the right to amend, interpret, terminate, or suspend this program at any time.